Thursday, January 2, 2014

Some Things I’ve Learned They Might Help YOU




1.      Stay in a state of gratitude,. No matter what, there is always – ALWAYS – much for which to be grateful
2.      Get out of the house. It is important, no matter how introverted or even shy (they are two different things) to get out amongst people
3.      And into the light of day too
4.      See dr. for wellness checks. That’s how I found Vitamin D deficiency and little carotid problem (though very small thank God) and pre-diabetes – all of which I can do something about! (And am).
5.      Eat some very simple, basic foods. Like fresh fruit. Salad. Whole grain pasta (because white pasta sets off some jitteriness in me – otherwise I guess that would be fine). Roasted potatoes. Potato soup. Broth with a sprinkle of breadcrumbs and vegan Parmesan cheese. Plain water. Seltzer. Veggies veggies veggies. I don’t like them plain, but I like them steamed and then a little Earth Balance and salt; I like them lightly sautéed, and I like them mixed into things.
6.      The importance of REAL GREENS in my life! Daily!! I’m talking about besides salad, too. Must be leafy greens like spinach, collards, chards and kale, or broccoli. Once a week or less can be green beans instead.
7.      The importance of staying away from junk and from white flours. Except for whatever reason I can still have a little good pane de casa or a couple o breadsticks. in a restaurant.
8.      More water. More. Water.
9.      Keeping up with my hair coloring makes a big difference in: how I look, how I feel, and how others treat me. These are important to ME.
10.   Walking has felt great to me throughout my whole life. Do it.
11.   To begin, begin. THIS may be THE most important – at least at this moment.
12.   I exist. It is ok. It is good. I am good enough. – I guess THIS is the most important.
13.   *I own my house!  I paid for it. It is MINE. I will make it nicer by summer, a little EACH week – a very little EACH day! (And I will post pics in summer, too!)
14.   I will not date until summer
15.   ***That – I am who I am. And – I have the troubles I have. And – so I must NOT criticize and hate myself. Especially to the point where I then don’t begin and instead just sit around and get depressed. Just APPRECIATE what do in each day. Not just do what can, but just APPRECIATE what do each day.
16.   And – things really do get better that way.
Ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment