Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thank You, God - Important to Thank You

I am so grateful for today, My Dear God. Especially the last part of it so far.
I needed you. I prayed to you for willingness and guidance and help.

I called an OA to see about possibly getting a ride to a meeting, just to break this - funk - somehow for the day. She answered the phone, said how nice it was to hear my voice, and was I possibly going to the meeting in a little while because she could use a ride! So *I* took *her!*
And it wasn't cold as I've found this meeting to be in the past.

I drove her home, was able to say no to coffee, because was determined to keep my commitment to my mother, and made it to my mother on time. Got her to bank and shopping. Did a bit of shopping for self and not too much overage. Even changed that address problem so the bank will no longer be sending her our statement and she won't be nervous about that.

Then the biggy. On the way to get my mother, I thought I'd call John positively and just see if he had any interest in a walk together, the 3 of us (us and Phoebe) after I finished with my mother. He did! I thanked you right then. So we went! Walked about a mile and a half, he thinks, to and around Tibbetts and back.
Sad = how I wish we'd always used it! Me especially, all the times he *did.*
Very sad = he did not have his wedding ring on. First time ever.
Maybe, just maybe, John is just trying to grow up, to grow up into independence and not be tied to anything/anyone (let alone a very dependent meperson).

Anyway, we had a nice walk, I think, and he said so too. Brisk, comfy, Norman Rockwell sleddy families on hill on far side of Tibbetts,...happy happy Phoebe!...
And then he came in and insisted on checking the mattress pad heaty thing,
and
chatted about his - very interesting I might add - baseball book.

God, please bless John.

God, please bless my John.

God, thank you so very much for the gift of time with my John today.

God, please help me to
grow indpendent as a person
and
be happily married together with John (who of course will be happy with it too).

God, please show me the way.

And thank you so much for today.

I don't know if Oxana will or will not be getting back to me about dinner later, but oh Dear God thank you so much for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment