Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Day Special Gratitudes!

1. Thank you, EJ, for giving me the online info you did! I had lost both my blogs, all my emails, everything from being hacked!!!! Am SO grateful, as always, to YOU!!!!! XOXOXXOXOXOXO

Thanksgiving Gratitudes

Of course I am grateful for the obvious biggies: Life, breathe, voice, health, home, car, career, food, water, J, mother, so much. These today, a little different...

1. That I had the horrible experience I had a few years ago, because I am stronger and happier inside me than ever before.
2. Exercise. That I have found the 21 Day Fix, which just showed up on my fb feed one day and I clicked. My life has been upgraded tremendously since that first day I did it, and I will be forever grateful!!
3. Thich Nhat Hanh. Perhaps the three biggest lessons I have learned from Thich Nhat Hanh are: 1) “Life is only available in the present moment.” 2) “…the best way to take care of the future is to take care of the present moment.” And 3) That we don’t have to be unhappy – we don’t have to give until it hurts, which was the way I was raised. That we can breathe in and smile and enjoy the miracle that is our life. THN “I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. All is a miracle.”
4. My principal, who allows me to do more and more of this for myself and my teaching, and to do mindfulness breathing with the children for 2 minutes a day. It is so good for them! Even their families love it!
5. “My” dear birds. They are not “mine.” I just get the honor of caring for them and enjoying their dance, their song, their talk, their looking me in the eyes as I sing to them, their flying overhead so happily, their play…
6. Lessons from non-human animals. Dogs, cats, gorillas, on and on…
7. Reiki. I have very strong Reiki in me and love sharing it.
8. My three closest friends. I am 100% myself at all times with them. As they are with me. We know each other; we accept each other; we love each other. We laugh together, cry together, share meals and shopping and errands and thoughts and feelings, books, work, all kinds of things.
9. Every person who is doing anything for peace in this world
10. Every person who is doing anything to help any part(s) of nature
11. Piano. I went to it kicking and screaming as a child but came around and grew to love it. I love the piano John and I bought together for me; I love playing; I love practicing. Talk about mindful! – It is not possible to think of something else when I am at the piano! : )
12. Embroidery. From when I was in elementary school and had never heard of embroidery, and I used to take a needle and thread from my mother’s “sewing kit” (an old cookie tin). I would make pictures like flowers on a paper napkin or paper towel! One day she saw me doing this as I was doing it on the sofa in the l.r. She said, “What are you doing?” “Making pictures with thread.” “You are? Did you know that is a real thing, and we can buy you fabric or even a kit to do? Would you like that?” “REALLY??!!! YES!!” And we left that minute for John Wannamaker’s. I still have that first “real” one!
13. The compassion I learned from both my parents. And still do.
14. All the walks on dirt path with dog off leash and man by my side – among my favorite things ever
15. Swimming. I may “look like” I am doing an extra slow-motion version of the doggie paddle (which is what I am really doing I’m sure) but I “feel like” a water sprite!
16. The person who introduced me to Thich Nhat Hanh and gave me my favorite book in all the world, “Be Free Where You Are.” I bought 2 more copies, 1 to share get back share get back and 1 to give away
17. London. My week in London and other parts of England was literally the best week of my life (‘til then)
18. My cousin L. I am so deeply grateful that she is back in my life.
19. Fb. I have met the most wonderful people, near and far, and some real friends. I have been able to learn and to share. I have a stream of positives every single morning over coffee: you, art, nature, philosophy, music, all kinds of beautiful things.
20. That I do not eat or wear animals. There are no words to describe how grateful I am for that.
~~ Happy Thanksgiving~~

No comments:

Post a Comment