Sunday, July 1, 2012

My One Hundred Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: 1. Life 2. Breath 3. Meditation books 4. Car, even though recently scratched it 5. The times I have felt desirable. And NOT rejected. Every single one of them. 6. That I can breathe ON MY OWN 7. And speak ON MY OWN 8. That I am listening to my body enough to know that something is wrong with this emotional stuff 9. And food stuff 10. And working on changing it 11. That even though I’m unhappy right now, I’m not suicidal 12. And now it is July 1. I am grateful for my eyesight. Not so happy have cataract in the one eye I use for really seeing. But GRATEFUL for sight! 13. And grateful that apparently it is a high-success rate, low injury rate surgery 14. And that it is available 15. And that this has scared me yet a little straighter in terms of self-care. 16. That I am about to get a laptop. 17. That I got an iPod 18. That L. made me another CD today! 19. That he is showing me how to get music onto my computer. 20. And onto the iPod 21. That I have a NUMBER of CDs now! 22. That I WENT to Lens Crafters alone yesterday. That is the FIRST TIME I have EVER done that alone! 23. And I went to the Apple store for an iPod case in the big mall alone too, a few weeks ago. Have never done that sort of thing before. 24. And that it was O’s Citizenship gift that GOT ME THERE in the first place (2x) last December. Broke that ice. 25. And that every time I step outside my comfort zone, it grows. 26. And the spiritual day at the library during which I first heard that. 27. That I have a home 28. And it is a house. Teeny and needs work, and I have paid too much for it. But I HAVE it. And it is mine. And I earned it and worked so hard for it! 29. NYC being so near me 30. Oceans being so near me 31. The Long Island Sound being so near me. 32. Parks being so near me 33. And beaches 34. And mountains. 35. That I have a yard 36. With trees. 37. And trees on my street 38. And on the streets all around here. Green 39. And that I have a FEW dollars in the bank. 40. And had an amazing Reiki and Multi-dimensional bodywork session for MYSELF with K yesterday. Amazing. Really moved my energy. Was like a different person after, from before. 41. And that I floated. 3 x. Metaphorically, not literally. But really FEELS LIKE floating in mid-air. 42. And that it has happened before too. 43. And that I’d actually forgotten it. And then there it was. Back for me. 44. That I can knit. 45. And am planning to knit something for L! To have by winter! Maybe a scarf. Maybe an afghan. Maybe even a sweater! 46. That I know how to meditate. 47. That I have had FOUR week-long (almost week) retreats with Thich Nhat Hahn! Oh, what a gift! 48. That I have helped others learn to meditate too! 49. That M is my true sister-of-the-heart. 50. That I just sent her a great e-card. Through the site: http://www.jacquielawson.com/ 51. And I just sent L. a great one through there too! 52. That J.A. introduced me to them. 53. The beautiful lunch I served to K, and L, and M today! 54. Here in my house! Like a little lunch party! A luncheon! Yay! 55. And I had a great lunch too. (I mean the company of course, but also the food). 56. That I have that new hat I leave at L’s for when we go out in the sun. 57. And that it only cost $3.99! 58. And that I have a more expensive one here too. 59. That I am healing inside. Emotionally. 60. That I have been doing what’s right for my mother. 61. The phrase, “Do the next right thing.” 62. Gentle people. 63. Like L. 64. And M. 65. And yes, even J. 66. And Ji. Gentle sweet spirits. 67. That there will be much more joy in my life. There is always more joy. 68. And that I’m okay not knowing what, exactly, it will be. 69. That I HAVE that “sunroom.” 70. And the Reiki table in there. 71. That M. though of me and saw a vegan kale treat and bought it for me! 72. That I went to the movies with her last night. 73. And we saw, “People Like Us.” 74. And we liked it. 75. And we had SUCH a nice time! 76. Out of school one week, and already socializing. 77. And my house is in order. 78. And I WILL get it fixed. 79. That I do those fabulous pictures from google images for L. 80. And I make little picture walks with them sometimes too. 81. And chapters. I am now on Chapter 4. 82. And he loves them! And even sometimes asks, ‘How did you do…?” 83. That he is sleeping over tonight! 84. That I have a special drawer of goodies for him. I emptied it out of my stuff – and this is a REALLY small house! And bought stuff for HIM that I know he likes, and put it in there. 85. That when M asked today, How long have you two been together now, and *I * knew what she was waiting for…he did – he said, “just over 4 months. We met on February 24, 2012. He remembers! 86. That M. has finally been to my house! 87. And she loves it. 88. And she is looking at houses now. Houses that cost THREE TIMES as much! 89. And still liked this one. 90. And used the word “charm.” 91. Over and over. 92. And everyone does. Phew. Such a nice feeling. 93. That I just saw on my piano, a book of easy Shostakovich pieces. L. brought it here and put it there. And I hadn’t even seen it. 94. That I HAVE a piano. 95. And worked for it and paid for it myself. 96. And yes, that J. helped me so much in finding the right one 97. That he is so good to doggie. 98. And that she is there for him. 99. That I just called M.A. 100. And reached her! We’ve been missing each other so much! 101. And will have a good catch up with her, all planned for Tuesday morning. 102. That I did my spiritual work today. I am okay. I will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment