Sunday, July 1, 2012

Readings Voices of Recovery

Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings. Step Seven This, to me, was the true "action" Step. It required asking the power outside of myself to change me, to make me something alien to myself. It required more trust than anything else i was asked to do and still demands trust as I continue to evolve into a new, unknown creation. This Step taught me humility, that state of being humble. Humble, according to the dictionary, is "the state of reflecting, expressing, or offering in a spirit of deference." Before this Step, it was all about me - my powerlessness, my beliefs, my shortcomings, and my plans to resolve them. This Step changed all of that. The deference - "respect or esteem due to a superior" - clarified who was in power, who I should believe in, and the reason for giving over my shortcomings. it is all about becoming the person that my Higher Power needs me to be in order to carry out His will. That is what my program is about. With this Step I have surrendered my role as principal and joined the chorus of the Fellowship.

No comments:

Post a Comment