Sunday, January 18, 2015

Gratitudes

I'm gonna start posting some grats each day. Don't care if they're ones I've put in the past or not - BUT - they will not be repeated here! Wonder how many days I can go without a repeat! :)
And - this is NOT coming from a bad or desperate place, but a happy-to-be-alive, hopeful, and content very very grateful place!

PS What got me from suicidal to here is:
mindfulness breathing (albeit sporadically)
lots of time every morning with daily meditations online from hay house and I used to literally type each one here
prayer
just keep going just keep going just keep going
loving friends including EJ being here for me
that I needed a job so I had to do it just do it
giving up all soda including diet soda, and all white pasta, as both make me crazy
I do take 15 mgs of paxil 4 nights a week (sun, mon, wed, fri, just cause it's easy to remember that way) This is different than the way most people take it, which is mornings, every day, and 40 - 60 mg. But this is just right for me
I had therapy for a long time from the desperate times about 4 - 5 years ago till last April
-
when less desperate, what also helped:
good books (including Be Free Where You Are, The Secret, The Magic, and other non-fiction and even fiction that engrossed me including Malakai, The Help, Once We Were Brothers, and many more
piano though not daily
embroidery though only sometimes
getting out more - being with people more
I traveled on my own to London (from New York) for 9 days. The first 4 at a retreat with Thich Nhat Hanh (and I'd been on 3 in Massachusetts earlier) and the next 5 just going about sightseeing. Loved every minute. 2012 end March beginning April. This was amazingly good for me.
I did date someone (husband had left of course) for about 8 months and that was nice for me too.
--
And finally, exercise, eating much better, having something green every day. It all started with Nutribullet MagicBullet last April and a smoothie every day just as a way to get in greens, moved to 21 Day Fix (guide not really DOING or I'd be thin by now) end June, and at that time started the exercise too.
--
Now, I just take things more lightly. I accept about J (husband who left). I see him sometimes but I don't know what will happen. But for the first time IN MY LIFE, I am ok, happy, grateful, and just fine being me.
I. Am. Finally. Whole.
Hope some of this hopes someone else!
==

Grats
1. 21 Day Fix exercises
2. 21 Day Fix food plan (although I have not followed it perfectly at all!)
3. My breath. I used to have such trouble with it. Now every breath goes all the way to my naval. I can hardly believe this! No asthma, no shallow breathing. I am so so grateful.
4. Organic foods
5. My health food store
6. Mindfulness breathing allowed and encourage to be done couple minutes a day with my little students!
7. Soups
8. That I have a B.A. in psychology, a teaching certificate, and a Masters Degree in Theology/Religious Studies.
9. My friends.
10. A, MA, M in particular
11. My mother's great aide, M.
12. My mother's other great aide new: E.
13. My principal, who really seems to get me and appreciate me
14. A piano in my classroom
15. That my kids want to hear it now : )
16. Sitcoms

So - these are not the deepest - but that is a signal about me being lighter now. They are the happy little ones that come to me right now - without spending too long:)


No comments:

Post a Comment