Sunday, August 11, 2013

Note to Self - Do for Others

Doesn't matter what -
I had a HORRIBLE time today - from 10:00 when I woke up (late)
til 1:45 or so.

And I was STEWING
and worse

My stomach hurt
My skin had goosebumps
I was dizzy
All from the stress and ANGER (wow - cant' see therapist too soon!)

BUT
I had to self:
Don't you DARE sit here wasting an afternoon stewing in misery!
Get the fuck (excuse me) out of this house and go DO something FOR SOMEBODY ELSE!

And so
I went and spent a long time with my mother.
She loves that.
Brought pictures - no computer or internet there so took them from facebook onto desktop and brought and we looked together
She loved that.

I can't say I feel all better - but that wasn't the POINT! I didn't go in order to feel better. I WENT in order to help someone ELSE rather than be so self-centered. "Surely I can help SOMEONE instead of waste this day God gave me!"

So -
Note to Self:
Any time it is physically safe and possible to do, get out and help SOMEONE instead of stewing.
Any time it isn't (2am or something) do it online. Or pray for them.
Go sit in d.r. and do a craft to give away to brighten someone ELSE'S world...

(Or even read a book or sleep, which doesn't so much help someone else, but at least is better than stewing.)

Oh - and don't forget this young woman:

No comments:

Post a Comment