Monday, August 5, 2013

What I Learned, Being "Unplugged" for 5 Days

What I Did:
I sat less and did more
(IMAGINE without tv too! – Like London, or those three retreats)

I like being active

Kayleigh and EJ were SO right. Don’t always analyze. Just BE.
I’m making this list now, but that’s to document.

I think I will still do grats. I THINK. BUT IN EVENING. WHEN I’M TENDING TO SIT ANYWAY.

***I do not have to see every post that comes on fb!

Every thought I have is NOT needing to be shared (here or fb or wherever)

Doing more for my mother and seeing her aide M more feels good

I LOVE having M’s girls as my little “nieces.” It is tiring! But so worth it!

I don’t WANT to multi-task!

I am a great teacher an take pride in that

I had good pleasant dreams EVERY night for 5 nights – I, who usually have had nightmares.
Less computer for sure from now on

And maybe one day a week OFF!

I will take no one’s leftovers. I will be alone or I will be with a man who

I WANT meditation and nature and exercise and good eating and birds

I have had more:
In person friendship dates
Bird time
Piano time
Reading
Breathing peacefully
Phone time (just like 20 – 30 minutes a day total)
Fabulous dreams

And want to:
Teach the girls (M’s girls, who have asked me to) some crafts
Stamped cross-stitch
Stitch and zip
Not get upset over little things
Keep house clean. It is very calming: ) And makes a nicer quality of life
And WILL have a coat – or two this coming winter!
And cheap but decent clothes for work to look better each day
Walk. Walk walk walk walk walk. All year. Like I used to.
Use ALL of my rooms – not live in the fucking den!
See some movies.
And – I can date now. Am really ready. To just have a nice time. NOT desperate. WOW!
Meditate daily.
Play piano
Listen to books on tape, sitting in l.r. with fireplace (in winter)
Read
Some jigsaw puzzles
Get house fixed all can
Stop obsessing about J.
Save some money.

I feel so much calmer.
Thank God: )

No comments:

Post a Comment