Tuesday, December 17, 2013

grats


What am I grateful for What am I grateful for.

1.    Freedom
2.    Breath
3.    Legs that work
4.    Hope
5.    New starts
6.    Eyesight
7.    Water
8.    Ability to vote
9.    Not in prison
10.                  Not in concentration camp
11.                  Not prisoner of war
12.                  Not sex slave
13.                  Can hear
14.                  An speak
15.                  Can work
16.                  Nice job
17.                  Students’ parents so generally grateful
18.                  New kid coming. That’s a lot of work. But – she’s French. I love that sound the most!
19.                  I remember feelings and events so well. It has made me feel like a loser because others don’t and here I am everything is so real to me…. But today, I realize it is also the very thing that gives me empathy for the kids. I REMEMBER – VIVIDLY how I felt in 2nd grade.  And how much power adults had. And what I wished for. …  I’m not saying they all feel like I do. Just that I am aware and empathetic at least.  (Like the need for “one more chance.” Etc.
20.                  That coffee has a positive *emotional * effect on me
21.                  Sleep last night. Enough. Phew. (Not like the night before, when I went to sleep much too late).
22.                  No word from S or Jo, both of whom I had to dump.  I want no word from them. Ever. I want them to live their lives and me to live mine and to have nothing to do with each other. I don’t even feel the hatred anymore or even the anger. Just want separation. Am grateful for it.
23.                  I have everything (material) I need.
24.                  I really do have EVERYTHING I need. Just need to make some internal changes. As Thich Nhat Hanh says, “You have all the conditions for happiness.”
25.                  This_________
26.                  Music
27.                  Humor
28.                  Piano
29.                  Fingers
30.                  Students
31.                  Reading
32.                  Cute poem yesterday
33.                  Flowers
34.                  Kittens
35.                  Puppies
36.                  My birds
37.                  Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” - Denis Waitley
38.                  Reading
39.                  Books
40.                  My reading group
41.                  New book decision coming today
42.                  Heat in the house
43.                  Windows
44.                  Oak tree
45.                  Birdsong
46.                  The quote, “No matter what our differences are, we all look at the same moon.”
47.                  Kandinsky
48.                  Peace everywhere there is peace
49.                  Sofas
50.                  Roof
51.                  Car
52.                  License to drive
53.                  Animal sanctuaries
54.                  Koko the Gorilla
55.                  The book, Koko’s Kitten
56.                  The book, Be Free Where You Are
57.                  Bodies’ abilities to heal
58.                  Eye drops
59.                  Horses
60.                  Giraffes
61.                  Laughter
62.                  Smiles
63.                  Meditation
64.                  Thich Nhat Hanh
65.                  ***The book The Power
66.                  The sun
67.                  Safe rides. Every one I’ve had.
68.                  My skin
69.                  My hair
70.                  Shampoo
71.                  Soap
72.                  Deodorant
73.                  Very very good breath. Thank God.
74.                  Prayer
75.                  Healthy food
76.                  People who help others.
77.                  Washing machine in house
78.                  And dryer
79.                  And place to hang stuff to dry
80.                  Bathtub
81.                  With shower
82.                  Toilet
83.                  Sink
84.                  Stove
85.                  Kitchen sink
86.                  Fridge
87.                  Microwave
88.                  Toaster oven
89.                  Freezer
90.                  Tv
91.                  Computer
92.                  Phone
93.                  Cell phone. Wow. - These really are a lot. -
94.                  Closther
95.                  Shoes
96.                  COAT! Didn’t have one last year. Do now.
97.                  Socks
98.                  Gloves
99.                  Hat
100.              Scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment