Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today


I need to do grats. I need grats.

1.      Horrible morning with storm but I got in fine!
2.      It got worse and worse and later will be black ice so – they let us out early!
3.      Before knowing that, I’d already managed to change 2 conferences also. Phew.
4.      And I am home safe now.
5.      Prescription being delivered too this afternoon
6.      Mother not need me so am home
7.      Plenty of food
8.      Have water
9.      Have some seltzer even
10.   M had even said I could stay there as she lives so close to work
11.   And I was ready to if need be
12.   And I’m glad I didn’t have to
13.   A was supportive
14.   I am sitting here
15.   Eating lunch
16.   Watching tv. This is all lucky
17.   Rerun of Reba I’ve actually never seen
18.   Jewel flying around
19.   I had left them fine to be alone overnight IF had had to. Phew.
20.   Aide made it in from where she lives
21.   We had great day
22.   Kids were happy
23.   2 good am conferences
24.   Great vegan recipes
25.   Principal had great treats a table laid out with them, for the staff. And some was fruit! So I, who’d skipped breakfast rushing out in the bad weather, was able to have a banana! Yay!
26.   My. Breath.
27.   Cardinals
28.   Summer is bobbing happily right now.
29.   How close these two are.
30.   Hope
31.   Safe ride home too.
32.   Coloring
33.   For the kids too. Lol.
34.   The Tate Museum. Where I bought 2 great coloring books: )
35.   My iPad
36.   The app POPWORDS. (The only app I have, or want).
37.   Free online jigsaw puzzles at JigZone on my laptop
38.   My iPhone
39.   Gas in my car
40.   My car
41.   I put that stuff down on the slippery steps so should be ok tomorrow morning.
42.   My mother has enough food (I would see to it anyway, of course!)
43.   I am grateful that I stopped BRIEFLY for just a FEW little items at the grocery store.
44.   And got them.
45.   And that – I felt – fine.
46.   I am VERY VERY GRATEFUL EVERY TIME I FEEL FINE!!
47.   I do sleep at night.
48.   And I dream.
49.   Laughter
50.   Reading
51.   Books
52.   My Nook
53.   Books on my laptop
54.   Afternoon off
55.   That my birds have each other
56.   My friendship with L.
57.   And my deep, long-standing friendship with MA
58.   Two upcoming events. That’s good.
59.   Plus upcoming book club makes 3
60.   My hands. I use them for so much.
61.   My 3 pair of prescription eyeglasses. One is bifocals
62.   One is reading/piano glasses
63.   And one is bifocal sunglasses
64.   That I made it that awful day when I was caught in the wave and L wouldn’t/couldn’t help me! Another couple called the lifeguard, and I got out safely before he was even needed. Phew.
65.   That I can see
66.   And drive
67.   That I am safe
68.   My fb friend
69.   YOU!
70.   ***That I am NOT alone in cyberspace!!!!!!!!!!!
71.   Tweeting
72.   And chirping
73.   And the sound of the flying wings: )
74.   Toys for them too.
75.   Open door on cage. I love it.
76.   Telephone
77.   Cable tv
78.   Libraries
79.   Bookstores too.
80.   Heroes
81.   Bravery
82.   Freedoms, all.
83.   Colors.
84.   Pianos
85.   Other instruments
86.   My safe hysterectomy.
87.   Smart people
88.   Honest people
89.   People who help animals
90.   Sanctuaries
91.   Pina coladas. Yup.
92.   Woods
93.   Grass
94.   Stopping at the big window so the kids could enjoy looking at the snow.
95.   One of them saying, “Even the sky is white!”
96.   And another saying, “It’s like looking at a ginormous black and white picture!”
97.   Them enjohing reading.
98.   A number of parents telling me (as always) that it is the FIRST TIME that the kid has ever enjoyed reading.
99.   A just came on IM. I was a little worried about him. SO glad he’s ok!
100. Whole wheat roll

No comments:

Post a Comment