Monday, December 2, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today


I am grateful:

1.      I slept in the bed last night. First time in about 7 months.
2.      It was hard to fall asleep, but – it felt good!
3.      And so much more healthy
4.      And normal
5.      It is made already
6.      Lentils
7.      The new toys are in the birds’ cage
8.      That they get to fly here in house (out of cage)
9.      And Jewel goes back and forth
10.   My eyesight
11.   My hearing
12.   My sense of taste
13.   My sense of smell
14.   My sense of touch
15.   My brain
16.   My understanding of what I read
17.   Books
18.   My degrees
19.   My job
20.   Freedom, everywhere there is freedom.
21.   That I got up and put the comforter over the bed
22.   And had coffee
23.   And am on 2nd cup now.  Coffee is a luxury many people would never have
24.   Speaking of luxury, that I have been on a cruise. In the days when they were classy things no less!
25.   That my birdies even get exercise when they are inside the cage. I only learned about this yesterday and am watching them this morning and it DOES count! Yay!
26.   Their singing.
27.   That I woke up in a heated house
28.   From my head on a pillow
29.   That I can type
30.   That I walked through the house
31.   In cozy socks
32.   To make the coffee
33.   And am sitting on a couch right now. That is a luxury
34.   With tv. Another luxury
35.   And my laptop. Yet another luxury.
36.   There is gas in my car
37.   I have a choice tomorrow – 4 of us are going to a different school tomorrow – and I have a choice to ride with, or to drive self.
38.   Green beans I had yesterday. I love green beans.
39.   Will have broccoli soup tonight. Good for me and yum
40.   Water
41.   Dishwasher
42.   That I did all that laundry yesterday
43.   And my house is straightened
44.   God
45.   Thich Nhat Hanh
46.   That I made a decision yesterday, to no longer interact with that horrible guy on fb.
47.   And that I feel relieved about it
48.   And that I can still wish well.
49.   But don’t have to be involved
50.   And it is nice that 2 people have already outwardly approved.
51.   Peace
52.   Music
53.   Piano in my classroom
54.   Knitting
55.   My mother and grandmother for teaching me
56.   And my mother’s patience with all the fixing she had to do when I was so little.
57.   That I have taught it to Je!
58.   That I am enjoying the surprise(s) I’m making
59.   My classroom
60.   It has cabinets (which is almost unheard of in my school)
61.   And I have made it pretty
62.   Wow - *I * have made it pretty!  That I can acknowledge that!
63.   And that I have switched it around from last year: ) I am proud of me.
64.   Wow! THAT I am proud of me
65.   The book, The Power
66.   New book reading for book course. Don’t know if like it yet. Called The Good House by Ann Leary. But glad have it
67.   And glad am in that course
68.   And that have that shared reading experience
69.   That I am not more materialistic
70.   That I CAN drive
71.   That deep big breath I just had. (Maybe because as teen, was afraid I wouldn’t be able to drive…)
72.   That I have SO MANY FEWER fears!!!!! Than used to have
73.   That report cards are done
74.   Will do sub plans today
75.   Will help out at a little lunch meeting today
76.   Am on schedule to leave early
77.   The breath of fresh air that looking around and not seeing clutter gives me
78.   That I didn’t have to wait this time, till it could be “perfect. “ Nothing ever gets done that way
79.   Electric lights. Well really, I am more of a naturalist at heart. But since the world is as it is and I live in like a city, I am glad to have the lights
80.   Good medicines when needed (Again, I would rather it all be more natural)
81.   THAT I am grateful
82.   That I don’t have a death wish anymore!!
83.   That I play piano
84.   Gifts
85.   For me AND from me
86.   Dishes
87.   The table is set
88.   That I am a vegan
89.   That I have some jewelry
90.   That really, I can do whatever I want. I may not have been living that way, but it is the truth.
91.   Singing
92.   Owls
93.   The cat “diary.” One of the funniest things I have ever seen! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKffm2uI4dk
94.   Meditation
95.   Mindfulness
96.   My students!
97.   That we do together each day for 2 minutes
98.   That I am allowed and encouraged. Because it is so good for them! (and not religious!)
99.   Showers
100. Shampoo

No comments:

Post a Comment