Thursday, September 27, 2012

Daily Readings - Voices of Recovery

"I need to be willing to give up that which attracts me in the first place." For Today, p. 132 I realized that I had to do something about my character defects if I wanted to grow spiritually. It was not a matter of choice, even if I loved my defects and could not see how I could let them go. I decided to ask my Higher Power for the willingness, and I 'acted as if' until I got the willingness. I force fed my defects with prayer until somehow my Higher Power set me free even if it took years to accomplish. I loved my defects so much, but I knew they had to go. Amazingly, god did for me what I could not do for myself. I was to ask, using Steps Nine, Ten, Eleven, and Twelve, on a daily basis. Thank You, Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment