Thursday, September 13, 2012

Today's Readings - In This Moment

In This Moment, I let bo of my need for approval. There are occasions in my life when I think I need the love and approval of another person to feel good about myself. Any form of rejection only verifies my feeling of low self-worth, and starts me on a spiral of negativity and depression. My Step Four inventory opens my eyes to this harmful cycle. My situation will not change until I change. With the help of my Higher Power, who loves and cares for me, I am learning to love and value myself: including my feelings, thoughts, opinions, and beliefs. Gradually, outside approval becomes less important, and I begin to see myself as valuable and strong. Today, I work on loving and valuing myself. As my need for approval from others decreases, my level of happiness increases. I view myself as a whole, lovable person.

No comments:

Post a Comment