Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Today's Reading - Voices of Recovery

"I became more receptive to being grateful." Lifeline Sampler, p. 141 I went to the bank, and I didn't notice friendly tellers. I didn't even appreciate that I had enough money to need a bank! I stewed over standing in line and complained if the computer was slow. At a concert I focused on rattling coughdrop wrappers or the mothball scent of the coat in the next chair. in summing up my imperfect life, I focused on 'poor me' and what I was missing. No wonder I was unhappy. What a difference OA has made, I'm learning to look for the positive in everything. A broken dryer? Thank goodness for a close laundromat. Flat tire? I'm lucky it didn't happen while I was driving. Expensive prescription? I'm grateful to live in the day of antibiotics. Now when I look up, I see that there are far more ceiling tiles that aren't stained. Thank you, higher Power, for my new attitude of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment