Thursday, September 27, 2012

I am grateful: 1. Food 2. Water 3. Tart cherry juice 4. Low salt tomato juice 5. Fresh lemon 6. Socks. New ones. Gifts. 7. Slippers. Must find mine. 8. M. 9. MA 10. St 11. L 12. Jo 13. S 14. J 15. The years I had with J 16. Strong people. Like A, with all she’s going through 17. Enough energy (after coffee! : ) to do the things I have to do 18. Off tomorrow. Need that. 19. Now it’s Thursday. I’ve been having a VERY hard time. Like with my mother. I am grateful for L’ help with my mother 20. And with L. I’m grateful for my doctor’s help with L. 21. And with forgetting repeatedly to buy coffee. I’m grateful for 7-11 at the corner 22. My knee feels a good deal better than it did 23. Even though she wound up driving me fucking crazy, and I didn’t want to(!) I’m grateful that I did the right thing and did that errand for my mother who is temporarily in the nursing home. 24. I am grateful for support from everyone who gives it. 25. I am grateful that this year’s class is not last year’s class! 26. I am grateful that I read on my new Nook last night. 27. And that I loved it. 28. That I just had a talk with M, at 5 am 29. That my doctor helped me yesterday 30. That because my mother is so good with money although I am not, I was out of checks but had cash to pay him! 31. That he, after his current divorce, is finally able to get his own place to live, in the town closer to where he works. I’m happy for him. 32. That although he can’t come here next Wednesday or the Wednesday after, he will come on Friday the 12th. 33. That maybe I can have L here that day, and he can meet him. 34. I’m grateful that M has days with her children now, as she didn’t for the last few days 35. And the weight-loss example of C. 36. And the getting-things-done example of M 37. And that I AM in that book group after all. 38. I’m grateful that I can see 39. And that I can bring my car for its way-overdue inspection 40. And that I can do so today 41. And that it’s so near school I can walk 42. And that the guy there noticed how desperately it needs it 43. That I have a credit card 44. That I will get an oil change today too. Phew. Thank God. 45. I am grateful that I have been safe up until now 46. And that even with all my fatigue, I’ve been safe driving 47. I’m grateful that I don’t have a meeting after school today. Finally. 48. And for J 49. All he does for my mother, still. 50. And the things he said to me yesterday. 51. I wish I felt more for L and he for me, but I’m grateful that we have nice times together. 52. I’m grateful for this laptop 53. And every chair I have 54. And lights 55. And my book light. Because I do still read regular print books, not JUST the Nook books. 56. That my legs are smooth 57. That the skin on my hands is soft 58. That I havre a hoe 59. That I have been safe here 60. Plants (indoor) 61. Trees 62. Rhodadendron 63. Lilac 64. Roses 65. Forsythia 66. Simon and Garfunkel 67. Andy Williams 68. Michael Legrande 69. Piano. I haven’t been able to touch it lately but I’m so grateful for it. 70. Salad. So grateful that I bought some yesterday, and will have it for lunch today. 71. That I DID go to that meeting the other day. It wasn’t mandatory, but they needed me there. And it may help not only the teacher, but more importantly the student as well. 72. Scrabble. 73. My wallet 74. My pretty pocketbook 75. Showers 76. Makeup. I don’t wear a lot but I am grateful for it 77. Earrings 78. Waves in my hair when I have them. 79. That I WILL get to the bank on Saturday 80. Reiki 81. Mindfulness med 82. That when I had that HORRIBLE ride to L’s last Sat, I didn’t ask for a hot toddy, but for 10 minutes to meditate: ) 83. And that it helped me 84. And always does 85. So quickly 86. My stove 87. Vegans, every one. 88. Every time they don’t kill wolf packs 89. People who care about other people 90. And non-human animals 91. And the earth 92. And put their actions where their mouth is 93. And their money. 94. Intelligent discourse 95. Scientists 96. That I do love teaching math after all 97. Math games for the kids. 98. Heat 99. Newspapers 100. Magazines

No comments:

Post a Comment