Friday, September 28, 2012

Gratitudes - My Hundred Today

I am grateful: 1. That L did call last night 2. Nice dream about J 3. And about Ji too? 4. Friends I’ve met through L. Particularly S and Jo 5. That yesterday I felt emotionally somewhat better by day’s end. Maybe because did all morning work? If not, grateful anyway. If so, very quick response! 6. News. Like CBS morning news. 7. I am grateful that I got my car inspected yesterday. 8. And the oil changed. 9. And that M gave me that idea of, “One thing a day. Do one of the many things a day. In 7 days, that will be 7 things.) 10. That today, when I was hoping to clean out the car, as my “one thing,” it is raining BUT I can cook the chili and freeze it. That can be my one thing. 11. And tomorrow’s will be bank for new checks and pay my bills and my mother’s. 12. That L is coming here this weekend. 13. That maybe we will have lunch with MA and ML 14. That my students are so good. They are amazing. This may well be the best class I’ve EVER had. Wow. 15. That I have lots of good things planned for them today and next week. 16. That next Tuesday I have professional development. 17. And I have already made sub plans. 18. And that I have already called for he sub 19. And requested that particular good one too. 20. That little 4-year-old girl who called 911 for her mother. The tape is on the news right now. Awesome: ) 21. My Nook! I love it! 22. MUCH more comfortable reading in bed now! 23. That I’m in a better mood again today. 24. That J called last night. I love talking with him now. 25. That my mother is giving in on the help at home. Phew. 26. That J approved of my recent tactic. 27. That L helped. 28. That I slept. 29. That I am praying that M sleeps tonight 30. This laptop. 31. And not having to bring home my school one every day now. Although I should bring it home for the weekend. So both L and I will have one to use. 32. I am grateful that I can walk 33. And talk 34. And breathe on my own 35. And see! 36. And hear 37. And type 38. And play piano 39. And that I have a piano 40. And that it is beautiful. It is an instrument, not a piece of furniture, so the beauty is just a bonus: ) 41. And that it is SO COMFORTABLE for me to play! 42. And that J helped SO MUCH in my getting it. 43. That for today, I have enough money to live. 44. I do not struggle for drinking water. So fortunate. 45. I do not struggle for nutrients. So lucky. 46. L and I MAY see MA and ML tomorrow – but otherwise, we MAY see S and J. 47. And either will be nice. 48. That I did my four readings today. 49. And that I shared them here for you. 50. That I got the garbage out. Well, some of it. 51. That it is Friday lol. 52. That I am not as afraid as a day and a half ago. 53. That I got to 7-11 for coffee this am. 54. That maybe I’ll remember to buy coffee to make! : ) 55. That the car inspection and oil change cost less than I’d thought it would. 56. That I ran into that colleague there. 57. And that made me feel less phobic. 58. My doctor cannot make it here this coming Wednesday or the one after. BUT he can come on the 12th Friday. And he can hopefully meet L that day! I would like that. 59. Innocence. 60. Innocence in my students. 61. And in L. 62. And in me. 63. And in Je 64. And in Ji 65. And even in J 66. That my principal was nice to me yesterday. 67. That she IS my principal. Not the last one, who scared me (and many others). 68. That I can read 69. And write 70. And even buy some books. 71. That I got to the beach this summer. 72. And even into the water. Although I think I will NOT go into the ocean again! It was too unsafe for me. The sound, yes. Not the ocean. 73. Grateful I lived through it! 74. Grateful for the vegan restaurants in NYC! 75. And wine. 76. And that L has introduced me to the pleasures of complex red wines with long finish. 77. And that I don’t NEED it. Like, haven’t had a sip since last Sat and don’t care… 78. I am grateful for the whole grain flourless bread I have in the house right now. 79. And the grapes. Seedless green grapes 80. And that I’m loving them. 81. I am grateful that I have shoes. Yep. 82. And socks 83. And boots 84. And sweaters 85. And pants 86. And tops 87. And undies 88. And bras 89. And I will have a coat this winter 90. And I already have a hat 91. And I am grateful that I have a pocketbook. 92. And even another new one I haven’t even used yet! 93. I am grateful that my mother is temporarily in the nursing home for rehab. At least that means I don’t have to worry about her safety right now. 94. I am grateful that I keep trying to do “the next right thing.” 95. And OA< through which I learned that. 96. My Nook cover! It’s so pretty! And it’s vegan! (Of course). 97. I am grateful that I have a bed 98. And covers 99. And heat 100. And windows. 101. And for my gorgeous oak tree. Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment