Friday, September 28, 2012

Today's Readings - For Today

"You cannot create experience. You must undergo it." Albert Camus I tried to fabricate my own experience, to make my life a never-never land of no pain. Instead, I brought compulsion on myself, stifling all growth, blocking out joy along with pain, the good feelings along with the bad. Today, though I naturally want to avoid painful experiences, I much prefer to own my feelings in all their intensity, to feel alive and struggling through whatever there is before me, to freedom. I am willing to go through all that I escaped from, experience each moment as if it were the first, like a child learning about the world. For today: I no longer evade experience or try to create it out of fantasy. I willingly undergo what life puts before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment