Saturday, September 22, 2012

I am grateful: 1. I am grateful for M’s example on eating better and losing weight. 2. I am so grateful that MA surprised me at school yesterday 3. And for Jo giving me a whole hour on her day off, at my lunchtime, on the phone yesterday. To help me about L 4. And S did the night before too 5. And MA came with me to the nursing home yesterday 6. And visited with my mother 7. And I had a great talk with the social worker. Great. 8. And MA and my mother had a GREAT visit. They both loved it. 9. My mother looked about 20 years younger than she looked last Sunday. 10. And she was bright-eyed 11. And able to eat 12. And making conversation 13. And even irreverent jokes 14. I am so glad we had this visit 15. And the people there treat her so well 16. And really now her 17. And it is even convenient to get to. I am so grateful 18. I will see L today 19. We are doing well 20. We will be in the city 21. With others 22. And it should be fun 23. And I will do him the favor tomorrow of going to that memorial service with him and I’m happy about that 24. I am so happy that I did laundry yesterday morning. Phew. 25. And gave my students a wonderful day yesterday! Yay. 26. I am grateful that MA looked so well yesterday. 27. I am so grateful for my breathing 28. And my lungs 29. And my heart 30. And my meditation 31. And that I am doing gratitudes right now 32. And that today I am not so upset about J 33. I am grateful that L is a nice, sweet, good person 34. And learning 35. I’m grateful for my shower 36. And makeup 37. And hair 38. And pedicured toes 39. And piano 40. And music 41. I’m grateful for my kitchen 42. Cabinets 43. Fridge 44. Stove 45. I’m grateful that I’ll be off from work next Wednesday 46. So grateful for health insurance 47. That with this espresso, I am waking up this morning 48. I am grateful for God 49. And for typing. I love it so much 50. I am grateful for every time J helped me with shopping. 51. And that I don’t need him to anymore. 52. I am grateful for the online game scrabble blast at wired arcade 53. I am grateful that I can talk. I couldn’t for the better part of 8 months a few years ago, because of 4 physical conditions, and that was so hard. I appreciate the ability to speak 54. I am grateful that I can drive 55. That I am starting to get a little energy this morning. And that I can sleep at night 56. I am so grateful for nice dreams when I have them. I had two the night before last. 57. And I FEEL LIKE I had them last night 58. I am so grateful that I had the strength to sign the DNR for my mother 59. And the DNI. At her request. 60. I am grateful for good doctors. 61. And kind doctors. 62. God nurses. 63. And kind nurses. 64. Windows 65. Doors 66. Sunroom 67. Red oak floors 68. Paint 69. Art 70. Kandinski 71. Lee Krasner 72. Museums 73. Movies 74. Goats. Yes. And the little one, about 4 months old, who slep on my lap that afternoon. Oh what a miracle 75. Monarch butterflies. And the miracle of the migration to Mexico and return of the butterflies a few generations later, every year. 76. Science 77. Math 78. Reading 79. Books 80. My book club course 81. Good psychologists 82. My doctor 83. That I am ok for today 84. That the Sunday people still haven’t forgotten me 85. I am grateful for laughter 86. And humor 87. And that I can walk 88. And that I can see! 89. I am grateful for healthy food 90. And access to plenty of fresh, clean water 91. And that I am free 92. And not afraid of the bridge(s) anymore 93. Or even the underpasses 94. And so far not the tunnels either, thank God 95. And hospital elevators 96. And that I work in such a beautiful building 97. I am grateful for my oak tree!! 98. And my backyard 99. And my outdoor furniture. How lucky I am! 100. And for friends 101. And for you. That I am not alone in cyberspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment