Monday, September 24, 2012

Grats

I am grateful: 1. L has been SO affectionate all day yesterday, and last night and this morning. Kisses, hugs, hand-holds, caresses. I am so grateful for this 2. I had such a nice time yesterday. In the city with L and friends. 3. I enjoyed the boat ride 4. And the walking. Lots of city walking 5. Lots of downtown, Greenwich Village etc. 6. And Pier 17 7. And Heartland Brewery 8. And the apple cider with raspberry liqueur in there that I had there. Nice. 9. And the lovely mixed greens salad I had there. 10. And that friend B paid for all of us – 8 people! 11. And the time at the Strand bookstore. 12. And the book I got: Nicholas and Alexandra. I have read “Alexandra” by Carol Erickson, but never this one. 13. And the other book I got, “Beloved” by Toni Morrison. The one, I believe, based on which Oprah did that movie. I didn’t see it, but the book looks great. 14. That L and I are about to have a reading date together after we finish at our computers this morning. 15. I am grateful for our time at Apple – the restaurant on Waverly (Street?). It was not a vegan place, but vegan friendly. And I ate so little anyway. 16. And yay that I ate so little 17. I am grateful that it is time to do a food shopping, and I can. 18. And keep it cheap. 19. I think this week I shall have salad with protein every day for lunch. Yay. 20. And chili or one other thing every night for dinner. 21. My father. I really hit the history-of-the-world-great-father-lottery. I had the best father ever. 22. He was loving. 23. And funny. 24. And very intelligent. 25. And he “got” each of us. He UNDERSTOOD – everyone. 26. And appreciated everyone. 27. Everyone felt good around him. 28. For example, my sister was a risk-taker and I was not. Physically. But my father would make me feel fine. Whoever you are is okay. He would say, for example, “Lynn likes to have both feet on the ground.” Smile smile. Nice. 29. I might buy a Nook! The cheapest one. Like asap. 30. I am grateful that my knee held out yesterday! 31. It is Monday. I am so SO grateful for the visit I had with my mother yesterday. I was very tired. Very. And I said to myself, “Do the next right thing. You’re on the parkway. Don’t get off at home. Just keep going!” 32. SO glad I did. First of all, she called when I was near, wanting to know where I was and when I was coming there 33. Secondly, it was good for her, that visit! 34. Third, it was so heartening for ME to see her that way. She looked about 20 years younger than she looked last Sunday. 35. And she was bright-eyed and cheerful and – happy. 36. She is eating, and putting on (needed) weight. 37. She has friends there. Cheerful ones. 38. They had a carnival yesterday. 39. She loved it. 40. I have made an important decision: try to persuade her to stay. She is SO MUCH HAPPIER AND HEALTHIER when she is there. 41. It is clean. 42. The people are so nice to her. 43. Everything is done for her. 44. They do nice activities that she likes. 45. I can walk in at any time unannounced. 46. It is remodeled and lovely. 47. There is place to sit outside too. 48. It is not isolated. She can go to places. (With someone. Like me). 49. And it will cost me my inheritance, so I’m really grateful that I’m willing to encourage her despite that : ) 50. Also, in case she refused, J has received 5 phone calls from home helper people. Thank God. 51. And the social worker said to me, “No. YOU don’t have to do it. WE do it…” What a relief. 52. Thank God there will be something in place for my mother by the time she leaves this rehab. 53. I am grateful for the coffee this morning. I am drinking hazelnut coffee with vanilla almond milk. What luxury! 54. I went to 7-11 for it. 55. And it was good for me to step outside. 56. And I also got blueberry. 57. And the second I opened the front door, I though of meditation. And how good it is for me. 58. I meditated as soon as I got to L’s Saturday! Needed to unwind. Very tough trip. Vision problems. Scary. J tears too. But instead of asking for like, a hot toddy (!), I said, “I need 10 minutes to meditate.” So glad did. 59. SO tired. Wow, so tired. Actually was worried about driving home. But made it safely. So grateful for that. 60. And for the safe trip out there too. 61. I got a Nook! Yesterday! So exciting! 62. And a cool cover. 63. And that protective thing for the screen. 64. And because the man had trouble putting it on, he had to open a second package. 65. So I gave L the other one. 66. And both microfiber cloths! 67. I am grateful that I’ve made the decision to no join the book club. Even though I’ll miss it, I don’t want the obligation. 68. I am grateful that my mother got a kick out of the Nook. 69. I am grateful for this talk with M this morning, right now. 70. I am grateful that I was able to help her the other day, and last night. Emotionally. On the phone. 71. I’m grateful that MA surprised me at work on Friday. 72. As I need some right now, I’m grateful for Claritan! 73. And my eyedrops!! 74. I’m grateful that M’s girls are doing well right now. 75. And for art. 76. I’m grateful for the energy to do the things I have to do. 77. I’m grateful for my students. They are innocents. 78. I’m grateful for enough gas in the car to get to work today. Phew. (So tired). 79. I’m grateful that I had such a nice time with L this weekend. 80. Vegetables 81. I am so grateful for my sponsor in my life. 82. And for Book of the Month at school. 83. I am grateful for books. 84. I am grateful for dresses 85. And skirts 86. And shoes 87. And telephones 88. This laptop 89. My iPhone 90. Lavender 91. Pink 92. Purple 93. Classical music 94. Books about composers 95. My Chopin book 96. My fireplace 97. That I WILL get this heat done. Somehow. I will. 98. That L just called. Cheerful. Nice morning phone call. Short but on BOTH ends, because we’re both getting ready for work. 99. God 100. Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments:

Post a Comment