Friday, September 21, 2012

Gratitudes

I am grateful: 1. I am worried about no heat in the sunroom. But I am grateful that I have the sunroom, even for summers. 2. And that if I just make a phone call, and spend the money, I will have the heat 3. I am worried about the bills that I have to pay for self, and mother. And my fatigue. But I am grateful that I must get myself to just do it. And I shall. I shall. 4. I am grateful for this idea, about which I read, to take the things that feel bad, and find the gratefulness in them. 5. I am grateful that I feel well in so many ways today. Like my head, inside. No headache. 6. And my stomach. Much better than yesterday. 7. I am grateful for Jo’s friendship. 8. And the book she recommended in the email I saw this morning: When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron 9. And the respect some people have for me regarding the way I handle problems. 10. I am grateful that M loves me 11. And that we talked this morning 12. I am grateful, so grateful, for my eyesight 13. And my iPhone 4. Not 5. Not 4S. Don’t care. Love it! 14. And this sleek new laptop! 15. I am grateful for daily meditation gifts 16. A pig saved a goat. I don’t know if he was trained, some kind of stunt,… but it’s a nice thought. http://www.kfvs.com/story/19599416/pig-saves-baby-goat 17. That I’m not alone here in cyberspace 18. That I’ve never been stabbed. I have the news on, and terrible things do happen 19. I am grateful that I have a tv 20. And a radio 21. And an iPod 22. And a car 23. And a refrigerator 24. I have no energy to do laundry today. But I am grateful that I have a washer. 25. I’m so grateful that I just stopped this and went and did put in one load of laundry 26. Including L’s 2 shirts for him: ) 27. I am grateful that I slept last night. 28. And that I had a pleasant dream! 29. And that I woke up 30. And am, in the big picture, ok. 31. I am grateful for everyone who loves me. Including MA 32. And M 33. And L 34. And Jo 35. And ML 36. I am grateful for all that J does for my mother 37. And still for me 38. And for coffee in the morning! 39. I am grateful that Li still speaks to me. 40. And helps me so much 41. And for a graet session with my therapist this past Wednesday 42. I am grateful that we had off on Rosh Hashana this year. 43. Both days 44. And will be off for Yom Kippur 45. I am grateful that there is a little assembly today 46. And that it is, “Fun Friday 47. I am so grateful for this class. They are so dear 48. And so good 49. And quite naturally so quiet 50. I am grateful that I get to work with M! 51. And that I’m polite and professional to all at work 52. I am grateful for my college education. 53. And that my parents paid for it 54. And my 2 undergraduate degrees 55. And my Masters degree 56. I am grateful that I get lunch breaks. 57. I am grateful for orgasms. 58. And that L gives me such amazingly great ones 59. And that I am doing gratitudes today 60. I am grateful that I have a shower 61. And bathtub (same) 62. Indoor plumbing in general! 63. And a roof 64. I am grateful for the desk 65. And the treadmill 66. And the Tibetan bell 67. I am so grateful for Mindfulness Meditation 68. And that I have sat with Thich Naht Hanh! 69. Four times! Four week-long retreats! So fortunate! 70. And that I taught my class and M’s to do this, yesterday 71. I am grateful that I did it as a favor, but *I * got so much out of it 72. And that it was good for M too. 73. I am grateful that the principal “gets” me. 74. And seems to appreciate me. 75. I am grateful for email. So many modern conveniences 76. And my sunglasses. Especially today, when I left them at school and don’t have them, I am reminded how important they are lol 77. I am grateful that the new bracelet was only 8 dollars, since I lost it 2nd day! 78. I am grateful for everyone who is compassionate 79. I am grateful for everyone who is helpful 80. I am so so grateful that I don’t eat animals. I don’t eat ANY animals. Cows, chickens, pigs, fish, …none. 81. And that I don’t ingest milk or eggs either. I don’t want to be part of the torture. 82. I am grateful for people who are fair. 83. I am grateful for everyplace there is peace 84. And that I know how to speak relatively correctly 85. And write relatively correctly too 86. And that I can teach elementary math 87. I am grateful that I can “think on my feet” 88. I am so grateful for my job. I never wanted one. But it gives me so much. Including a salary 89. And health benefits 90. And eyeglass money 91. And even a little dental (temporarily). I work VERY hard for all these things. But I am so grateful to have them. 92. And it gives me some sense of pride, to be at the top of my profession. 93. And it gives me something to think about other than myself 94. And a place to go each day 95. And the opportunity to help others 96. And to look and behave professionally 97. And it has taught me so much 98. I am so grateful that I went to London! 99. And that I managed to do that alone! 100. And that I loved it so much! I see my life now as divided into two parts: before London and since London. Amen.

1 comment: