Sunday, February 16, 2014

MORE "Things I Love!"


New Category
People Who Have Helped Me (whether they can know it or not)

1.      Thich Nhat Hanh
2.      Jesus
3.      Mother Teresa
4.      St. Francis of Assisa
5.      Mary
6.      My mother
7.       My father
8.      my cousin P
9.      Lincoln
10.   Rosa Parks
11.   Ruby Bridges
12.   Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
13.   The priest who gave me the rosary for free when I was little.
14.   Ji.
15.   J.
16.   MA
17.   M
18.   St
19.   O
20.   ML
21.   S
22.   A
23.   L
24.   Jon Robbins
25.   My first principal
26.   My second princiap
27.   My first where I am now
28.   Second here
29.   Third here
30.   Current one
31.   J, who did my plumbing stuff for so long
32.   Ch with the snow removal
33.   P, who used to do things here as a teen and was back in 30’s visiting mother, and helped me shovel!
34.   My Noni
35.   C.
36.   KeeLee
37.   The bird helper people
38.   Vets
39.   Dr. S
40.   Dr. F
41.   Dr. T
42.   Peggy J.
43.   Dr. F.
44.   Dr. Fa.
45.   Ben Franklin
46.   Princess Diana
47.   Maya Angelou
48.   Oprah
49.   Takako
50.   My uncle Ch
51.   My aunt J
52.   My nanny
53.   My uncle J
54.   My uncle M
55.   Einstein
56.   Jefferson
57.   DaVinci
58.   Helen Keller
59.   Koko – I know she’s a gorilla, but…
60.   Churchill
61.   Anne Frank
62.   Her father
63.   Buddha
64.   Shakespeare
65.   Eleanor Roosevelt
66.   Tolstey
67.   Rumi
68.   Hafiz
69.   Pope John Paul II
70.   Mozart
71.   Chopin
72.   Rachmaninof
73.   Schubert
74.   Bach
75.   Reinhold
76.   Susan B. Anthony
77.   Tom Paine
78.   Dalai Lama
79.   Pope Francis
80.   Todd Beamer
81.   Candy Lightner
82.   Ryan White
83.   Lou Gehrig
84.   Mattie Stepanek
85.   Tererai Trent
86.   Steve Jobs
87.   J.K. Rowling
88.   Arthur R.
89.   My 3rd gr. Teacher
90.   My cousin Ca.
91.   “You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.” William W. Purkey
92.   “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde
93.   I hate to admit it, but Dr. Phil  “We teach people how to treat us.” And “How’s that working out for you?”
94.   Elie Wiesel
95.   “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Thomas Edison
96.   Dr. Seuss
97.   Phyllis McGinley
98.   “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” George Elliot
99.   “Everything you can imagine is real.” Pablo Picasso
100. Rhonda Byrnes
101. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” Theodore Roosevelt
102. lao tsu
103. Chen Man-Ch'ing
104. Confucius
105. Shel Silverstein
106. Audrey Hepburn
107. C.S. Lewis “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
108. “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” George Bernard Shaw
109. Desiderata
110. “And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” Paulo coelho, The Alchemist
111. “For Attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
 For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
 For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
 For beautiful hair, let a child run their fingers through it once a day.
 For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
  People, more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.
 As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself and the other for helping others.” Sam Levenson
112. “I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.” Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
113. Oskar Schindler
114. Irena Sendler
115. Raoul Wallenberg
116. Alice Herz Sommer
117. Harriet Tubman
118. Mr. Rogers
119. Emerson
120. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead
121. Haim G. Ginott “I’ve come to a frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It’s my personal approach that creates the climate. It’s my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child’s life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or dehumanized.”
122. Nathanial Hawthorne
123. “I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.” Robert Fulghum - All I Really Need to know I Learned in Kindergarten: Uncommon Thoughts on Common Things
124. “May you live every day of your life.” Jonathan Swift
125. Ayn Rand
126. “Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all.” Emily Dickinson
127. Albert Schweitzer
128. Steven Covey

No comments:

Post a Comment