Sunday, February 23, 2014

THE Most Inspirational Person I Have Ever Heard of (and it was only this year)

Alice Herz-Sommer.
I promise you - if you watch this, it will be the best 11 minute you will ever invest in your life!!!!!!!
I give you my word.
If you feel you can't, then watch the 2 minute one (you'll see it below - they are labeled).
But watch.

I have been thinking of her since my horrible thinking-about-suicide-2-3 days this past week, and have been coming to the realization of how fortunate I am to HAVE life at all! Let alone the one I have!

And I now am committed to trying to remember Alice and Mommy (my mom, who is great at abiding, no matter the circumstances)  and A's mom who was the best at abiding despite having spent 5 years in a concentration camp, and coming out at 52 pounds straight to 2 years in a hospital right from being liberated. They had killed her cousin's baby in front of her and her cousin. Etc. etc. etc. And what an attitude about life! I am determined to do them justice by my life and appreciation. I swear I am.

THE BEST 11 MINUTES YOU WILL EVER INVEST!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oxO3M6rAPw


2 minutes and some seconds - but really worthwhile. If you don't do the other, do this! Trust me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnoQ8F_CUfE

Alice Herz-Sommer died today, at 110 years old. May God bless and rest her beautiful inspirational soul.

And if J. agrees to try, I will be happy. But if not, I am not about to miss out because one man doesn't want me. I don't WANT to miss out on the beach and the birds and French and piano and the blades of grass and the sweet fresh breezes and the flowers and sky and the children and reading and laughter and friends etc etc etc etc. 

This feels really like my MISSION now. I am not kidding.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment