Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Today's Reading - Twenty Four Hours a Day

Thought for the Day Many [alcoholics, overeaters, addicts of all kinds] will be saying today: "This is a good Christmas for me." They will be looking back over past Christmases, which were not like this one. They will be thanking God for their [abstinence] and their newfound life. They will be thinking about how their lives were changed when they came into [program]. They will be thinking that perhaps God let them live through all the hazards of their [addictive] careers, when they were perhaps often close to death, in order that hey might be used by Him in the great work of [program]. Is this a happy Christmas for me? Meditation for the Day The kingdom of heaven is also for the lowly, the sinners, and the repentant. "And they presented unto him gifts - gold, frankincense, and myrrh." Bring your gifts of gold - your money and material possessions. Bring your frankincense - the consecration of your life to a worthy cause. Bring your myrrh - your sympathy and understanding and help. lay them all at the feet of God and let Him have full use of them. Prayer for the Day I pray that I may be truly thankful on this Christmas Day. I pray that I may bring my gifts and lay them on the altar.

No comments:

Post a Comment