Friday, August 26, 2011

Goodness

There is still goodness in the world. Even my corner of it.

My hand is healing.
DH came today of his own accord and helped secure things for the hurricane.
I have food and water, flashlights, batteries, radio, etc.

I did three good things:
1. Went around to get things and pay for them to make sure my mom has all she needs and then some. And went and showed her about the batteries-flashlight stuff. Left her happy reminder notes (like don't take the elevator...). Met with her best friend, in same building, to make sure they'll have each other.
2. I sent my sweet little angelic doggie to be with husband, although I'd have loved her company. But I know she'll be better off there, where there are two adults (husband and a friend) and her best doggie-friend, and a much bigger house with lots of good secure hiding places.
3. I offered my good friend that I would take her out tonight or go over there and watch a movie with her or whatever if it could help her, as tomorrow is the anniversary of her broken marriage. Even though I would have lost my car-spot-not- under-a-virtual-forest-of-trees. (She wound up not needing it, + she's going to stay with her former husband through the storm, so they'll be together and safe in his apartment).

I don't feel like dying. That's good.
I'm on day 14 of good clean abstinent eating.
I practiced a little piano today.
I have prayers and a rosary and prescribed pills in case the isolation and loneliness gets too depressing or the storm (it's already icky out there) too scary.

And I have you. You who read this. And you, Birdie, EJ and JJ, who are so kind in commenting in friendship to me.

Yes, there is still goodness in the world, even my little corner of it.

Bless you each.

3 comments:

  1. I think the fact that you have had 14 day of good eating is amazing given all of the stress you're under. See? You can do ANYTHING. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Thanks for the shout out - I do love seeing my name in lights. :-)

    ReplyDelete