Wednesday, August 3, 2011

One Hundred Gratitudes Today - Yesterday's Finished

I am grateful:

1. I am grateful that I have thumbs. Now that my right thumb is acting up again, it reminds me.
2. I think I can do some repeats today because I need to stay in a state of gratitude for some very big things that I would hate to never mention again. Like, I am grateful that I have food.
3. And water.
4. And that I don’t have chronic diarrhea. (Having talked to someone this morning who does).
5. And that N. called me this morning with scripture.
6. I’m grateful that I did some meditation this morning.
7. And that Sponsor helped me. Shared about *deciding * to have good attitude.
8. Shared that sometimes gets into the “why me’s” but generally not
9. Shared about the gift of life and loving having it
10. I’m grateful that I stayed abstinent yesterday and last night when it was tough to
11. And that K called me, which is the only reason I didn’t go have “one more thing” last night
12. And that I plan to cook today
13. And that although I got outside too late for the garbage pick-up : ( I did water the flowers
14. And they are all alive
15. And that doggie wasn’t here alone during the thunder
16. That I didn’t kill myself when I wanted to. That would have been hard on some others, and such a waste, and I wouldn’t be here to have any of the good.
17. Today’s For Today: “For today: The best discipline is love.”
18. Today’s Voices of Recovery: “As we become aware of what our eating guidelines should be, we ask God for the willingness and the ability to live within them each day. We ask and we receive, first the willingness, and then the ability. We can count on this without fail.” OA 12 & 12 p. 23
19. “…I got on my knees and asked for the willingness and the ability to live within my eating guidelines and to practice the Twelve Steps for that day.
20. “Since then I’ve discovered that I can count on it without fail – on day, one minute at a time.”
21. I feel very tired of needing this program and of working this program. BUT – I am grateful that I *have * this program.
22. And for the minutes of peace I have had.
23. And that there is hope!
24. Today’s In This Moment: In This Moment, I live the Steps.” Important.
25. And this is hopeful: “It’s not necessarily what I know that helps me grow, but, rather, how I apply what I know.”
26. Today’s Language of Letting Go: “Sometimes, to get from where we are to where we are going, we have to be willing to be in-between.” Hard. But good to hear that it’s not just me, but it’s necessary.
27. “We can be in between behaviors as we let go of the old and are not certain what we will replace it with.
28. I think this can apply to compulsive overeating.
29. And it also says, “This can apply to behaviors that have protected and served us well all of our life, such as caretaking and controlling.”
30. “We may have many feelings going on when we’re in-between: spurts of grief about what we have let go of or lost, and feelings of anxiety, fear, and apprehension about what’s ahead. These are normal feelings for the in-between place. Accept them. Feel them. Release them.” Wow.
31. “Being in-between isn’t fun, but it’s necessary.
32. “It will not last forever.
33. “It may feel like we’re standing still, but we’re not. We’re standing at the in-between place. It’s how we get from here to there. It is not the destination.
34. “We are moving forward, even when we’re in-between.
35. “Today, I will accept where I am as the ideal place for me to be. If I am in-between, I will strive for the faith that this place is not without purpose, that it is moving me toward something good.”
36. The flowers in the back, which have been filling in and are so colorful and cheerful the purples and the corals
37. And the flowers in the front which are pretty too
38. And I see them all every day.
39. The book The Secret
40. And that I’m re-reading it today, right now.
41. Learning about the law of attraction.
42. That I am free
43. That I can speak my mind
44. Practice any religion I like or none
45. That I’ve become a Buddhist
46. That they named me, “True Compassion of the Heart.”
47. Our two pretty rugs
48. Next morning. I’m grateful that I got through yesterday, despite the terrible thumb pain.
49. And that I did shower
50. And get dressed nicely
51. And put makeup on
52. And go to a meeting
53. And that I went with O
54. And saw Ch
55. And he offered to show me and O some other great meetings
56. And 3 women and I exchanged phone numbers
57. And it was a great meeting
58. And that afterward, when I really strongly felt like overeating, O said no – let’s go out
59. So we went out
60. And we had a nice time. And I didn’t overeat
61. I’m grateful for the beautiful dream I had about me and J
62. And I think there were some hints in it about what to do
63. And I think there was a message in it
64. I’m grateful that I’m off today
65. And can work on my stuff
66. I’m grateful that although I really didn’t want to, I did put in a call to the doctor
67. And I do expect them to get back to me
68. I’m grateful that there is hope for this thumb
69. And that although so tired, I did call Sp this am
70. And that when I said I needed more sleep, Sp said I could call later
71. And that the government said not going to touch Social Security, at least according to my mother
72. And that that’s a relief for her
73. And probably for J too
74. That my dr comes today
75. That N called this morning with the scripture thing
76. And it sounds like she’s really tailoring it to me. Or maybe it’s coincidence, but either way it’s beautiful
77. I’m grateful that O and I are planning to go back to the gym
78. And that I ate fruits yesterday
79. And veggies
80. And protein
81. And water
82. And grain
83. And for this horrible new commercial and the bravery of the man to be on there, which helps keep me from going back to smoking
84. I am grateful that I did my thumb exercise yesterday.
85. And did the warm water soaking.
86. And that I have the time to do those again today.
87. And that this morning it is not as bad as yesterday morning.
88. And that I have 3 good healing books to read.
89. I am grateful for open NA meetings, as I do not have a drug problem but am allowed there and do find them helpful with my overeating problem.
90. I am grateful that I made the chili yesterday.
91. And had some for a nice dinner.
92. And froze some.
93. And there’s more for today.
94. And that I made fresh coffee this morning.
95. And that MA said I can call her cell phone while she’s away. Only 4 of the 12 days she won’t be available by cell phone.
96. But last time she did give me Jo’s number, and maybe will this time…
97. And that she loves me.
98. And that she did manage to get a hold of that cat sitter.
99. That I’m reducing sodium a bit, finally.
100. And my 2 new bras that I got Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment