Saturday, August 27, 2011

Gratitudes, as many as I can type (hand still healing)

I am grateful:

1. Non-perishable foods
2. Bottled water
3. Flashlights, radio, book light, batteries
4. Outdoor stuff safely in
5. Friends
6. Mother taken care of
7. Husband helping me yesterday
8. All the days/years I've had with J.
9. You
10. Breath
11. Medications in order
12. Electricity on right now
13. Sink of water in case lose water, for washing purposes
14. The 5 mg valium I just took, because getting nervous about the hurricane and being alone in it.
15. Lessons I've learned over the years from friends.
16. God. Always God.
17. Meditation
18. Piano practice
19. Precious dogggie safe with her J.
20. J. safe, I believe.
21. J's friend, who is letting him stay with him.
22. Not wanting to die, as of last night, when something washed over me, and that is a miracle.
23. Umknown wonderful adventures that might lie ahead.
24. Phone service still on.
25. This will pass.
26. Lots of bottled water
27. OA literature
28. Coda literature
24. Big thick book on the Tudors, which I find interesting
25. Having talked with two friends and my mom this morning
26. That my mom has her best friend right upstairs in their apartment.
27. That my dear friend St said if I get too scared, I can go there! To their apartment. That was SO nice! I want to try not to. But I SO appreciate that!!!
28. My job
29. That I've made such headway in my classroom so far this week.
30. That I wrote a beautiful and really for-him-not-about-me to help him, note to J. and told a friend where it is safely, just in case the storm gets me.
31. That I believe what he is doing is right for him. And I do want what's best for him.
32. Just got interrupted. O. called. It's good to have friends.
33. My mother's wedding band, which I am wearing right now.
34. My father's wedding band, which I am wearing right now.
35. That I think I shall update my will. Even though I have almost nothing, I would like to be better to my sister in it. Especially regarding sentimental, irreplaceable things.
36. Spell check lol
37. Prayer.
38. That I pray for others and others pray for me.
39. That I pray for myself too, and I hope they pray for themselves too.
40. That I have light sitcom on right now
41. My OA sponsor
42. My therapist and his generosity
43. That I am a good teacher.
44. The Big Book Treasure Hunt (my sponsor made it, and OA allows it to be given out at meeetings. It is for the AA Big Book, which we also need, and if anyone wants it, e-mail me and ask, and I will e-mail it to you).
45. My thick hair
46. My pretty eyes
47. My pedicure yesterday and the really nice bright pink polish I picked
48. Betty White
49. Clean clothes because I did laundry yesterday morning.
50. Thursday night at O's with her other friend, a lovely child in the other room watching tv, and the 3 adults in the l.r. with a little wine and a nice visit.
51. Getting the tarp at Home Depot.
52. That Dh found our battery powered radio and gave it to me.
53. My new and hope-inducing e-book.
54. That my best friend lent me her credit card with which to pay for it
55. And that I brought her the cash the very next day.
56. That I have been to Barbados, and probably had the most glorious honeymoon on earth.
57. Every single time I was good to Dh.
58. That after rough times, I have managed to have a wonderful friendship with my mother for many years.

Must stop typing soon.
Grateful that can type some.

No comments:

Post a Comment