Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Some Grats (Hand Still Not Up to Par)

I am grateful:

1. Books about relationships and healing
2. That I was able to lend close friend the little bit of money she needed today.
3. That she will pay me back tomorrow
4. That my (paid) little helper will meet me at school for part of tomorrow
5. That while at the bank, I was able to straighten out a couple of things, including a check that was about to bounce!
6. That I'm able to type at all.
7. That I went to the bookstore (with gift cards) yesterday
8. And then to Staples for some school supplies
9. That they should be reimbursed
10. Hope
11. God
12. My friend's cockatoo, and every minute of happiness that bird has
13. Other friend's seriously ill kitty having some good days
14. My mother
15. A future, maybe.
16. Days off
17. But also, work.
18. And work that I find noble.
19. Myers-Briggs
20. Reading
21. Beverly Cleary. Her story about getting to kindergarten ready to be taught reading, finding out they don't do that until first grade, and turning around and leaving: "Then I'll be back in first grade" is so much like me at that age! (She grew up to become a children's author, Ramona the Pest etc., and yes, they did catch her and drag her back to school that day)
22. People who share honestly about their experiences.
23. That the hurricane didn't get me here, not even scary really or anything. Phew.
24. Relaxing bath the other night
25. Clothes that looked sort of cute this morning
26. Comfy nightgown I'm in right now (long story)
27. That when fell off bed and held on to corner of it from floor in middle of night and the room started spinning, that it went away and I'm fine now.
28. Good skin
29. That we never know what good things might be in store for us down the road.
30. That I didn't lose any trees during the storm.
31. That my car was not damaged, because J. had the sense to tell me to move it out from under all those trees, which was like "parking it in a forest."
32. Doggie. I'll probably get to be with her this weekend.
33. That I did a nice amount of work from home yesterday.
34. That each kid I'm getting is lucky, in that I'll meet him/her as an individual and I'll take it upon myself to except and help each one.

That's all I can type here for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment