Monday, February 11, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. That I got out of my driveway this morning - it was touch and go - so glad I did
2. That I got down that decline where so many cars and even school buses were getting stuck! Phew.
3. That I got through the highway part
4. And the exit ramp
5. And got here on time.


6. that i had the gifts for M
7. and chose a very cheerful theme
8. and didn't do same old same old
9. and gave them to her in a timely manner
10. and sent her an e card
11. and email
12. and pic. thing
13. and 2 real (and beautiful and expensive) cards
14. and another nice email


15. that I paid all but one of my mother's bills that i needed to pay today
16. and all of mine that I could from here at lunchtime
17. and made it to the special luncheon, to be polite
18. that i have given the "how many squares" puzzle to the kiddies! and they are doing pretty well - for their age - and loving it!
19. and that one of the centers is building. it is good for them
20. and that i did eat veggies at lunchtime
21. and that i heard from L
22. and from A. Both at lunchtime.



23. Long story, and one that I DEARLY hope to explain here SOON! But I am so glad that I was able to write the email to A that I had to write last night!
24. And - that he SEEMED to UNDERSTAND it.
25. And even, that his reaction, although sweet-meaning, didn't take away any of my need to say it.
26. And that L. was so - seemingly ABLE last night - to have a serious and honest talk. About relationships, past present and future, about his big problem, about sex, about desire for normalcy, ...
Now of course I can't be sure about the honestly factor - as he seemed totally honest and innocent in Oct, during what turned out to the now-infamous b'day "week of lies!" But it SEEMED honest and helped me to feel a bit better last night, anyway,..




27. fb
28. my principal is nice to me
29. I am not alone.
30. I have God.
31. I have irl friends.
32. I have YOU. Am NOT alone in cyber-space.



33. that i can walk
34. that i can see
35. that i was truthful with M and with L today about how i feel.
36. not overbearing either.
37. and again with A, after what he just wrote to me (on my break now)
38. that i don't have to see those crazy p. from where L lives anymore
39. my eye drops. they are helping me all these years.
40. coloring - for all ages
41. the Tate Museum
42. The Metropolitan Museum of Art
43. People who press "Like" on my fb posts
44. People who comment on them
45. People who share them.



45. That even though it is as late as it is, at least I HAVE reached that lawyer's office...
46. That my principal shared with me today that SHE has to do everything for HER parent(S)' papers things too...
47. That I probably won't lose ALL my money...
48. That I did get my clear cleaned out of the snow
50. and that it made me feel EMPOWERED!
51. And that someone ELSE did the "hardest" part of the grounds the day before!
52. That I was able to take that cab.
53. That the driver was so nice to me about the money.
54. And the ww leader too.
55. Banks
56. Online bill-paying
57. That I am not AS PHOBIC as I used to be.


58. That M just stopped in for a moment (her break too). How lucky is it that I work with such a very close FRIEND - right next door!





59. Ch's friendship when J had moved away all those years ago.
60. And MAs. Always
61. That I'm able to socialize ENOUGH.
62. That *I * have helped children - to READ!:) And THAT - is a thrill!


63. That I have gas in the car
64. That I have tires.
65. That the car runs
66. That I mediated with that other class the other day
67. Giraffes




68. That i feel like i am rebirthing. I am.


69. That I was raised with values.
70. That most people are.
71. That I believe that
72. That I have a job.
73. And a good job.
74. And I am good at it.
75. That I graduated from college
76. And grad school
77. And went to London
78. Alone!
79. And loved every single minute of it.





80. And sat, there with Thich Nhat Hanh (and 4000 other people), at a sit-in for peace in Trefalgar Square




81. And stayed at the prettiest little cottagy hotel
82. And was safe the whole time
83. Even despite a couple of mistakes!
84. That most people are nice to me.
85. And I am nice to most people. (I certainly TRY to be nice to all).
86. And that J's been calling me

87. My piano
88. And that I am using it
89. that I have a humidifier (really for the piano as you're supposed to when one is new, but it's good for ME too!)



90. that I did as many of the hard things as i could today
91. and will do more when i get home.
92. and tomorrow morning
93. that i did have postage stamps
94. and envelopes
95. the great activities i used to do for 3rd graders with the local post office!
96. and with the stamps
97. that amazing earth day * I * provide - for the whole school! It took almost a whole YEAR to plan!




98. The GREAT ridiculous awesome play *I * directed. NOBODY had EVER seen anything like it at that level!
99. That I can carry a tune.
100. That I can go home and take off this bra now (my chest hurts - tension, I think).


















No comments:

Post a Comment