Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful

1. The dance exercise class I finally found yesterday
2. That I can go today. If I have any energy after work and 2 meetings lol
3. Positive people yesterday
4. That I as so nice to A last night
5. The beautiful email I got from L. saying he feels something is missing from his life without me and he misses me very much, love…Short but said so much. And touched me.
6. Breath this morning
7. This very recent knowledge desire and even ability that I need to be with other people. Positive people. Not isolated here all on my own
8. That I do not feel right now, like I did on Christmas, last Sunday,and this Saturday
9. This very inspirational quote: You can use your life in a very useful and intelligent way. You can very well transform that negative energy into a positive energy that empowers you and makes life meaningful.
— Thích Nhất Hạnh
10. This from reading: each day of our abstinence, to see more clearly what lies before us. Less and less are we hampered by our own selfish needs, distorting that which we face.
11. DOING FIRST rather than SETTING UP FIRST is a new way for me and great. Like not WAITING until this and this and this is in order. Doing something – first.
12. And about last night – my first zumba class. I’m so glad I went.
13. And that M. helped convince me to go as I was a little nervous at night.
14. And that I got there, parked, an got in safely.
15. And the people who worked there were so nice.
16. The place is clean
17. And pretty
18. I did 20 minutes with 2 short breaks.
19. Will continue doing that and work way up to the whole hour eventually.
20. I sweated
21. And enjoyed (except the volume of the music! Might have to buy ear plug thingies).
22. Physically tired = good
23. I got home safely from class. Parking structure etc.
24. Nice group of people IN the group too!
25. Good feeling
26. Sweated
27. Love exercise
28. M called me last night to say I looked good yesterday. And not depressed.
29. Was funny.
30. On the ball. Phew. I’m glad I was.
31. And I’m glad she noticed.
32. And very grateful that she called to tell me.
33. I’m glad that I did the phobic-feeling little errand during prep yesterday.
34. And that I bought the salt stuff and shovel I need
35. And the EmergenCy for her
36. And that we got through the really scary safety meeting yesterday. Well.
37. And principal admitted she was getting neck-ache .Not grateful that she had it; grateful that it showed that we are all in this together and all have feelings and we will all support the students (first and foremost) and each other.
38. The kids on computers
39. The great dvd sci. I showed them this am
40. The great link I shared with others
41. And the double, positive feedback I got from it.
42. My eval. Has come. And it is beautiful.
43. And it only motivates me to be even better.
44. This class. Oh, I love them so much!
45. And they love to learn (as little kids go)
46. And I even told the principal today.
47. And she said, “Wow. Yes. And THAT helps MOTIVATE YOU EVEN MOR.”I said, “Right.”
48. Sweat pants. Yup. For my dance exercise class
49. That lighter, brighter, warmer weather is on its way.
50. And that although we never know, I expect that I shall be around for more seasons (many more, I hope)
51. And I am so immensely greateful that I feel that way. I didn’t on Sun, and the Sun before, and on Christmas Day.
52. I am grateful for my legs
53. And my hands
54. And my eyesight
55. And my eyes themselves
56. And my hearing
57. And my ability to speak
58. And shoes
59. And sneakers. And good quality ones that were on a major sale, too.
60. I am grateful that I can write
61. And type
62. And read
63. And that my kids are so intent upon building – not just like video games. This is very good for them.
64. My car. Not just” that I have a car, but my specific car.
65. Creativity.
66. Math. I do love teaching math. Didn’t always feel confidant about it. But do now.
67. Computers for the kids
68. Walking
69. Jokes
70. Riddles
71. Piano
72. Classical composers
73. Including 20th century ones
74. Laughter
75. Energy. I have more yesterday and today
76. The feeling of slight hunger in my belly. Yes, really.
77. Water. Fresh clean water to drink. And plenty of it. Wwhat a gift
78. The pretty rug here.
79. And that I paid hundreds for it, myself. Because I really wanted the kids to have it.
80. And that the school wound up reimbursing me anyway!
81. Bean and veggie soup recipes
82. This blog
83. Fb
84. IMing
85. The great new books I’ve shared with my class
86. And that the appreciate them so much
87. The happiness valentine’s day brings to them
88. Music
89. Dance
90. Paintings
91. Sculptures
92. The few movies I’ve watched at home, on my own, and enjoyed
93. That I CAN enjoy time sometimes again. Phew
94. God
95. Thich Nhat Hanh
96. My mother
97. My father
98. My sister when I was very little
99. The color red
100. Birds
101. The little bit of snow this am and theat it was powdery and so easy to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment