Friday, February 15, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. Talking over my hurt and anger last night, today a bit, with A.
2. At HIS encouragement.
3. I am sick : ( Grateful that m btought me in the EmergencC
4. And K gave me lozeng stuffs
5. And vaca. Because NEED to get better
6. And that L is, or is acting (?) open to getting together IF I am well.
7. And has plans too! Fro a change. To take me to a play and a meal out!
8. THAT IF I need NOT TO, I DON’T HAVE TO speak AFTER SCHOOL TODAY!
9. And that I CAN speak! I remember when I couldn’t!
10. That I can breathe on my own. Some people cannot; I know that.
11. That I can drink water and other liquids on my own. I remember when my mother couldn’t. It’s hard!
12. That I an eat on my own
13. And have enough access to healthy food.
14. That my dr. explained why I am jealous. And we’re working on how to deal with that.
15. 2nd grade Friday shares (like show and tell – and quick but important)
16. The SmartBOARD
17. I do not have cancer
18. Never have had it (or never have had it yet)
19. I just had some sort of a health attack, and lived through it
20. My mother’s lung is fine after all! Good!
21. Affirmations
22. 5 Good Things about me
23. 25 minutes tll vaca (on break now)
24. exercise opportunities for me
25. I can rest all I want tonight
26. And use this week off to get things DONE which HAVE TO get done!
27. I did call that lawyer, although scary to do
28. M
29. And that she works right next door
30. That she called me when she was in some emotional trouble last night
31. And that I did answer – becaue I was already lying down, feeling like crap, and had no idea she was in need
32. And that talking to me helped her
33. And that she now has an iPod too
34. That there is a high chance I will get home safely today
35. Garbage pick-up here at school
36. And at home
37. And recycling pick up too
38. The great class trip we had a couple of weeks ago. (Was that only 1 week?)
39. Music
40. Piano
41. Art
42. The amazing present the sweet child just mace for me
43. Plants
44. That I remembered to water them
45. People who do their jobs well
46. This practice. And I hope to get back to doing the full 100 every day
47. Facebook
48. Colors
49. Starting to memorize the Schubert
50. O
51. St
52. Al
53. Sa
54. Ad
55. Broccoli at lunch today
56. Our secretary here at school
57. And our office aide too
58. And our principal
59. That the report cards are online. That does, although ore difficult in one way, make them easier to do in the longrun
60. Typing. I love it
61. That I took some notes after the doctor the other night. Otherwise I’m afraid I’d forget
62. Natural, organic, vegan food
63. And restaurants that serve it, too
64. That I don’t HAVE TO see S again!
65. That I can walk
66. And am young enough to live more (probably – I KNOW nothing’s guaranteed)
67. Those 6-word memoirs I heard on NPR last night
68. Clever people who use their cleverness for good, be it curing diseases, solving other problems, creating art, making people laugh…
69. That as far as I still have to go, I am less heavy-hearted than I WAS
70. That there are some minutes when I am ok without J.
71. The moment. Pretty much – or totally – every time I stop and even think of THE MOMENT, it is an ok moment!
72. That mindfulness mediation promises to help with that
73. And so much else
74. Thich Nhat Hanh
75. Oprah interviewing him.
76. Trees
77. Orange. I remember when I hated the color orange
78. Water. And that I THINK I’m drinking so much of it today
79. Little E
80. And bless her, little E
81. And little H
82. And all of them, these wonderful students
83. The friendly custodians
84. MM. I love her and miss her
85. Jo I love her and miss her too.
86. Doggie. I love her and miss her too.
87. That as much as I WANT a bird(!), I have decided not to et one – don’t want to put a creature in a cage.
88. Hope. Yes. Last night there were moments when I didn’t have any. Now I do!
89. That I have been learning the value of getting OUT there – amonth positive things. And popel
90. All the culture I’ve gotten to experience this past year (since last Feb)
91. In music. And concerts in person
92. And on discs
93. And at piano
94. In theater
95. In museums – 4!
96. Including in London! Oh praise be for my time in London
97. That I may just go to France soon! We’ll see…
98. And that I have talked to some folks about it. So that I’m thinking, if I do, and if it has to be alone, I’ll go with a tour group! As part of a tour. That could be nice
99. That my problems really are the problems of the worried well.
100. All the time and help that L. gave em.

No comments:

Post a Comment