Monday, February 25, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. The feeling of the sweepy thing across the nice kitchen floor this morning as I was doing it.
2. Having all the noise off. For once. No tv, no chatting constantly online. Just doing what doing – the kitchen.
3. Was also aware that as soon as had to piddle, just walked into bathroom and went. So, am grateful lthat HAVE the toilet – indoor plumbing.
4. And the sink in there
5. With soap
6. And towel. Each is a luxury.
7. Thursday now. Just introduced (online) to the puff frog. Adorable sound! http://www.babble.com/pets/tiny-frog-makes-the-most-adorable-squeaky-toy-sound-ever-video/
8. The feeling I discuss in today’s post on getting that feeling back. Oh so thankful for that feeling.
9. It is Monday. I am grateful that after feeling so depressed and scared yesterday late morning, I had some very nice in-the-moment-minutes later afternoon
10. That I went to that concertn, which I did for O, but it was good for me.
11. That when I was leaving, I was actually thinking, “Oh! This is so GOOD for me!I should get to a classical concert as often as possible even once a week!”
12. That I spent much more time out of the den!
13. That the house is straightened, thank od.
14. That I paid my mothers people yesterday
15. And did her shopping
16. And will call that lawyer TODAY!
17. That I finally got a car charger for my iPhone
18. And a case I like. I hated that other one.
19. That I had a nice, albeit brotherl-sisterly time with L
20. And he bought me earrings for my upcoming birthday
21. That I managed to get there and get my hair cut and colored Friday. I didn’t think I’d even be able to shower, I was so down.
22. That I like the way it came out.
23. Fresh coffee this morning, and that it is really no big deal to make.
24. That I am enjoying the book, “Lifeboat” so much
25. That I saw the movie Argo. And liked it
26. That I tore myself from the Oscars and went to bed at 9:00 last night. I needed that.
27. The pretty art I see on facebook.
28. The inspirational quotes I see there too.
29. That I have my job
30. The fresh coffee I made this morning, and that it isn’t such a big deal to make it after all.
31. That I have begun to find myself
32. That I have a piano
33. And one in my classroom
34. That I put on a little makeup Sat
35. And looked nice.
36. And got a compliment
37. That I sat in Barnes & Noble and read so much of that book, “That Woman” about Wallis Simpson
38. That I am doing Weight Watchers
39. That I got a nice pedi on Friday
40. That I went to the health food store on Saturday
41. That L came with me, and found it fun!
42. That I’m recommitting my determination to not do things that are bad for me (and therefore others indirectly)
43. That I did do a big load of laundry
44. Water
45. Organic foods
46. My sharing about animal, with others.
47. Birds. Their look, their song, …
48. My Royal Doultons. Absolutely unnecessary,; a pure luxury.
49. That L and I read aloud the Five Mindfulness Trainings.
50. And that he did it seriously. It was sacred for me.
51. Beautiful moments that give me chills.
52. Thich Nhat Hahn
53. That I have resistance bands
54. And 3-pound weights
55. Humor
56. And a good exercise DVDs
57. My dishwasher. I am so grateful to have that
58. Salad
59. That I ate at the Cheesecale Factory.
60. And had artichoke and great arugula salad (without the cheese, of course)
61. Earrings. I love earrings. Another luxury, of course
62. Trees
63. The Bios urn. I might want that. You get cremated and buried and become a tree and the urn biodegrades… I like that.
64. Good great things to read
65. My fingers
66. That I have NO – NO- NO- NO desire to abuse ANYWONE, human or otherwise, including emotionally.
67. That Pope Benedict is going. I never liked him. Sorry to say that
68. Nice times I have had with cousins
69. That I have been in beautiful wonderful England
70. Shoes
71. Boots
72. Socks
73. A car that works
74. That I have all my teeth
75. That I like the moment. When I stay IN the moment, the moment is okay!
76. The MEDICAL research on the benefits of meditation
77. Prayer
78. Eindows
79. Wood floors
80. I went to a Swarovski store for the first time on Saturday
81. Apple stores. They’re so nice there.
82. My Nook. I love that ting!
83. That I can drive
84. Woods
85. Doggie. Every minute I had with her
86. Same with J.
87. That – who knows, about the future
88. That I have to build MYSELF – and am doing so now!
89. That I can move. Am not paralyzed.
90. Can breathe on my own.
91. And speak
92. And see. These are all miracles of the universe in a real way, I think. And I am happy to be part of them.
93. Lakes and Rivers and streams
94. Oceans
95. The sky
96. Clouds
97. Flowers
98. Ladybugs
99. Fireflies
100. M calling this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment