Saturday, June 23, 2012

Readings - For Today

For Today A small daily task, if irt be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules. Anthony Trollope What's the secret of digging a garden, writing a novel, taking a fourth-step inventory or abstaining from compulsive overeating? OA gave me the answer: attend to the business at hand each day, one day at a time. I used to think the only way to tackle major projects was in great bursts of concentrated effort. Like a child with a short attention span, I would tire myself out with the intensity of sporadic effort and then go on to something else. Today I still tend to see a difficult task in terms of the total time and effort it will take. But there is one lesson I have learned well: The only time I have to abstain and practice the program of recovery is TODAY. For today: It is this day's abstinence that guarantees me continued sanity and freedom - nothing else. WOW I NEEDED THAT! PERFECT FOR ME TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment