Saturday, June 2, 2012

My One Hundred Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: 1. I am so grateful that I am physically able. 2. I am physically able to breathe on my own. 3. And to see. 4. And to speak. I remember when I couldn’t. 5. And to hear. 6. And to walk. I remember when I couldn’t. 7. And to eliminate. 8. And to eat. 9. And to drink. 10. To swallow. 11. To shower standing up. I remember when I couldn’t. 12. To wash my own hair. I remember when I couldn’t. 13. To shave my own legs. I remember when I couldn’t. 14. To think fully. I remember when I couldn’t. 15. My heart is strong and beats well. 16. My liver functions perfectly. 17. My kidneys are perfect. 18. My blood is pure. 19. My skin is healthy. 20. My breasts are beautiful. 21. My feet are pretty. 22. My teeth are great. 23. My hands work amazingly. In typing, piano, everything. 24. I am not on dialysis. 25. I am not in a hospital. 26. I am not delirious. 27. I am not brain-damaged. 28. I am not in pain. I go through days and nights without pain! 29. I am so grateful that I am not alone. 30. I have myself. 31. And God 32. And Thich Nhat Hanh. 33. And Louis 34. And Meredith 35. And Mary Allen 36. And Mary Lee 37. Stephanie 38. Sarah 39. Oxana 40. Joan A. 41. Cousin Joanie 42. Cousin Kathy 43. Kathy 44. My mother 45. Martha 46. Kim 47. Kairava 48. Lionel 49. John in a friendly way 50. EJ 51. Birdie 52. JJ 53. All my blog followers 54. And everyone who reads my blog 55. And to some degree, Anne, Roberta, Sheila, Sharon, Jackie, Marianne, Lindsey, Jennifer, even Dassi when my mother is ill 56. I am grateful that Maria is my principal 57. And that I can work with others 58. I am grateful grateful grateful for the amazing sex Louis gives me. And I so want to give it to him. This whole one is huge for me. 59. I am grateful grateful grateful for the romantic words he sometimes says to me. 60. I am so grateful for smart doctors 61. Who are also kind 62. Same for nurses 63. And that I got to leave last night. 64. That Meredith is such a good friend to me 65. And that I am to her. 66. Same with Mary Allen. 67. I am so grateful for all the music Louis shares with me. 68. And the discs he has made for me! 69. And that I do listen to them. 70. I am SO grateful for my French lessons! 71. And that I am doing my homework. I love that language. 72. I am so grateful for piano. 73. And the things I learn from Oxana. 74. And for every time I practice. 75. And every time I practice well. 76. And for the phrase, “Viewed form the moon.” 77. And, “10 years from now, will this matter?” 78. I am grateful for life. 79. I am grateful that although there are no guarantees, I probably have more of it. 80. And for every present I’ve ever received. 81. The flowers and flowering plants from Louis 82. The wine we share together 83. The concert he took me too that wonderful night 84. The play he took me too 85. I am grateful for every time a man made me feel cherished. 86. And for not overtaking medicine, but having it when I need it. 87. I am so grateful that Louis will be seeing a doctor on June 15. 88. And that as HARD AS IT WAS, I did the things I had to do regarding my mother, Thursday night and yesterday. 89. I just saw what EJ wrote. My gosh I am so grateful to that woman! 90. I am so grateful to see other countries in my stats! 91. Grateful today to see US 92. Russia 93. Brazil 94. Nigeria 95. Ukraine 96. Venezuela 97. Canada 98. UK 99. Saudi Arabia 100. United Arab Emirates 101. Grateful that I just prayed for each of the people from each of those countries, who have stopped by here.

2 comments:

  1. Where oh where are you? Everything ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Friend!
    Mother so sick
    Me so busy and stressed
    But back today!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete