Saturday, June 16, 2012

Readings. For Today

Without health and courage we cannot face the present or the germ of the future in the present, and we take refuge in evasion. Cyril Connolly Am I in the habit of saying, "I wish things were better," and putting off action to a day that never arrives? Things cannot get better without some actions on my part. I acknowledge the problem, ask myself what I can do about it and then proceed accordingly. If I've done all I can and am unable to go further, I turn the matter over to my Higher Power and relax. I need to be aware, however, that fear may be at the root of my inability to do something. DOING involves risk and change and a chance of failure. But it also presents a chance for growth, which in the long run may make failure more beneficial that success. For today: I do not need to fear failure. I need, rather, the peace of mind that comes with taking the action I have been putting off.

No comments:

Post a Comment