Monday, June 11, 2012

Today's 100 Gratitudes

I am grateful: 1. I went grocery shopping yesterday 2. I bought fresh fruit 3. And fresh veggies 4. And juice 5. And organic peanut butter 6. Toilet tissue 7. White grape sparkling water 8. And more 9. Pushed cart around 10. Walked to car 11. Unloaded groceries 12. Drove home 13. Gave 5 dollars to county food bank 14. And for all these I am truly grateful. Because there are people right in this county who don’t have enough to eat. And here I am, thinking about how “it costs too much.” But able to do it, still. Very very fortunate. Very. 15. L. said, “Love you, bye,” before hanging up the day before yesterday. 16. And same day, told me he finally took a walk in his park (finally because has been sick), and missed me 17. And yesterday told me more, how missed me at park 18. And how misses me 19. Has been calling me many names that I love. Like Sweetheart 20. Darling 21. Dear 22. My Dear 23. And others 24. Even my name, which I didn’t hear much for so long! 25. Grateful for OA (Overeaters Anonymous), where I learned the prayers. 26. Reiki 27. K, who gives me Reiki, initiated me Level I and II, and is coming here next week! 28. That I am giving a double session to L! 29. That I can read 30. That I have a job 31. That I get a “new start” at my job each year 32. That I ate better this weekend. 33. That I am thinking of giving up the den, and making it more of an exercise room 34. That L is coming this weekend. It will be 3 weeks since we’ve seen each other! So long! But he will be here. 35. And he will have the den as his put-stuff-there and sort of dressing room, private space. 36. That I did what I did to make sure I had the house. Worked so hard, never gave up, paid every month on time… 37. That he is coming to my staff party! 38. That I go to the bathroom on my own. Don’t have troubles with bladder or intestines… 39. Breathe on my own 40. Can see! 41. It’s June. Very long year, but it is now June! 42. I HAVE been practicing piano. Good. 43. Today’s “The Language of Letting Go.” 44. My white perrenials are up! 45. And there are still some red roses hanging over them! 46. And I have lilacs 47. And rhododendron 48. And the people are keeping the place clean enough. 49. I have a car 50. And life 51. My hands. They type, do Reiki, ring the meditation bell, give affection, cook, play piano, so much. 52. Access to plenty of fresh, clean water. 53. I have never been in a war 54. Or a prison 55. Or a concentration camp 56. Or a gunfight 57. Or a hostage situation. I am so fortunate. And so grateful. 58. That I’ve sent L the dinosaur cartoons. Twice. 59. Whole grains 60. Peppers 61. Orange juice 62. Grapefruits 63. Bananas 64. Oranges 65. Pears 66. Apples 67. That M bought me that coffee 68. I am ABLE to exercise 69. I got up so early. And yet feel rested. 70. Talking to L every night just before falling asleep. 71. Have two bottles of inexpensive (!) but nice wine in the house 72. That I do not overdrink, or have a drinking problem. 73. Meteorologists 74. Dog trainers 75. Rainbows. And that I’ve seen some in real life 76. Friends 77. That my mother says every day now that she loves me SO MUCH. And appreciates me. 78. That I had the COMPASSION to do what I SHOULD yesterday, even though I DIDN’T FEEL LIKE IT! Thank God that I had the compassion! 79. Humor 80. Song 81. Singing 82. Composers 83. All the music to which L exposed me! 84. That I can have music in my house now. 85. Dreams 86. Oxygen 87. Tv 88. Walking. That I can walk! 89. Comfortable shoes 90. And pretty shoes too 91. My two skirts 92. And even my own dress 93. My lacy stockings. What luxury! 94. L’s response to my lacy stockings! 95. The arts 96. Fine arts 97. That I live near cultural center(s) 98. That I have been safe in my life so far. 99. My principal 100. Our superintendent of schools. 101. My health

No comments:

Post a Comment