Saturday, June 16, 2012

Readings: Voices of Recovery

We will no longer simply do what we feel like doing or what we think we can get away with." OA 12 & 12 p. 24 This translates into one word for me: discipline, a word that my disease hates. I like the results I get from discipline, but I don't like the pain, discomfort, and patience it requires. That's where I must trust a power greater than myself. By trusting my Higher Power and desiring to do His will, I'll want to do the next right thing and even know what the next right thing is. I get the "wants" by going to OA meetings, praying, writing, following a food plan, and exercising. All these things are good for me, and I do them despite my disease screaming in rebellion. No longer can I just do the things I can get away with or that I want to do. I am working an honest program while I learn to live with integrity and hold my head high. Slowly my will is changing and aligning with my Higher Power's will, one day at a time. It works if we work it. Don't leave before the miracle happens - the miracle of recovery from compulsive overeating. It happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment