Monday, June 25, 2012

Readings - For Today

People to whom nothing has ever happened cannot understand the unimportance of events. T.S. Eliot To a person who feels hurt and lost, the life of a movie star or a jet-setter can look grand, and without a problem. "If only I had such-and such, I would be all right." "If only something would happen to me, my life would be better." Events are on the outside, and problems are on the inside. Possessing objects or engaging in activities that attract attention can be distractions that keep one from dealing with feelings of insecurity, frustration, anger or low self-esteem. Such problems cannot be eradicated from the outside. It's an inside job. For today: Recovery holds out the promise of a better life than I ever dreamed possible. The most important thing I can do today is the footwork that is bringing it about.

No comments:

Post a Comment