Saturday, September 10, 2011

Must Do the Gratitudes

I am grateful:

1. For the lovely dream about J last night. Waking from it was hard but oh, the dream was beautiful.
2. Although I’m working now, I should still have time to read
3. Maybe will get back to Step Eight work this week
4. That I finally did those dishes this morning
5. That I finished buying needed wintery shoes yesterday
6. That I could feel doggie’s little feet against me last night
7. That I seem to have enough energy for the day
8. Now it’s the 7th. I’m grateful that I’ll speak to my sponsor in a few minutes.
9. And that my dr. comes today
10. And that yesterday, although morning at home was brutal, the day at work was nice.
11. And that I have nice aide in classroom.
12. Grateful that haven’t touched junk food starting on Aug. 12
13. And that heard J’s voice for a minute yesterday
14. And will bring doggie there today or tomorrow – she’s better off when I’m out all the time
15. And nice talk with St last evening
16. And MA called me
17. Grateful for fruit
18. And water
19. And very healthy lunch yesterday
20. And each of my students. I can’t name them here but I am grateful for each of them
21. Especially the little one with the certain health problem, that is actually helping me. Can’t go into here, but I know what I mean.
22. Amazing quote by Helen Keller in yesterday’s for Today: “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
23. And it goes on to say, “…If I keep moaning about what I thought I wanted, I’ll miss what is unfolding before my eyes.” I really needed that today.
24. And “When the next act begins, I want to be ready.”
25. And it talks about willingness “to experience something new. I may not see it now, but I have faith that it will come.”
26. And yesterday’s Voices of Recovery says, “I hope that in another ten years I am still struck with awe and wonder about how my Higher Power works for, through, and in me.”
27. Now it’s 9/8. I’m having a harder time. But won’t give up. This one’s taking more than one day, but I *will * get to 100. It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
—Buddha
28. Oh my gosh, it’s Sept. 9 already and I’m on number 28. No explanation here, just gratitudes. I am grateful that I love my class.
29. I am grateful that I’ve been getting comments about looking good.
30. I am grateful that I washed my hair last night.
31. And that I got a phone call from someone at church yesterday, who wants to help me. Wow.
32. Grateful that MA seems to be starting to feel better.
33. And that doggie was so happy to get back to the other dogs yesterday. Even though I miss her, I’m happy for her.
34. And that I think I will finally clean tomorrow.
35. And that my mother’s dreadful back pain is in relief right now.
36. And that I’m not into the food.
37. Grateful that I’m not fighting any dread diseases.
38. Grateful that I prayed this morning.
39. Grateful for hope.
40. Grateful that I have this blog.
41. And that I don’t live all alone all the time on it.
42. Grateful for hope.
43. For kind people.
44. For clean clothes.
45. For sleep that I do get.
46. For the special child in my class, and all that I can learn from him.
47. For keeping my workplace so neat so far.
48. That I didn’t kill myself.
49. Sept. 10. Still trying. Okay um, I’m glad that today’s morning is not as much agony as the past several days.
50. I’m grateful that I can type (hand)
51. That I finally opened my blog.
52. And there were two comments there.
53. That sometimes people from other countries look there.
54. And that reminds me I am part of the human race.
55. That I just wrote a loving note to my cousin, who lost her husband on 9/11.
56. That St’s husband got away that day. Muslim from Morocco, so his look didn’t help. He had to hide under cars etc. Running from the terror of it all, but also, well, you know. But he made it home safely! About 12 hours later, made it the 12 or so miles home. Thank God.
57. I’m grateful that Ma called last night and invited me to go with her to church and a talk today. I don’t know that I can, as I must get my mother to the bank and shopping, but I’m grateful that she asked.
58. I’m grateful that my dr. called me. He couldn’t make it Wed, but he called. I don’t know if it was any help, but I *am * grateful that he called.
59. And that although there are *many * special issues in my class, they are adorable, innocent children, and I love them already.
60. And that I am managing to shower and put on makeup and good clothes and get there each day.
61. And do my work well.
62. I am grateful for hope.
63. My mother’s 87th birthday is tomorrow, and I’m grateful that MAYBE J. and I will see her together, which would be so good for her.
64. Having a low tolerance for itching, and having LOTS of bites and itches the last few nights, I am grateful that I am not itching right now: )
65. God
66. That maybe some people will come here still, even though I’ve been somewhat absent lately.
67. My sponsor’s wisdom
68. My piano teacher is playing at a concert tomorrow and she said she would get me comp tickets if I want to go with my mother or anyone.
69. I’m grateful for everyone who got out and made it after 9/11.
70. And for every one of those responders.
71. And every one of the people who went down and sacrificed their own health for so long after.
72. Including a woman I know, who was down there (SENSITIVE COMING),
blessing body parts.
73. I’m grateful that my cousin has moved into another house recently
74. And that she even had a beach house built. (Believe me, she’d rather have her husband back than the money he happened to leave her.)
75. I’m grateful for prayer.
76. I’m grateful that I have a car
77. And health
78. And a roof over my head
79. And water. Always grateful for water.
80. And people who are trusting.
81. For every comfort J has ever given me
82. Positive. Be positive. Um. I’m grateful that I have 10 fingers.
83. And the luxury of bright pink toenail polish right now.
84. And people at work like me.
85. And I’m at least pretty easy to work with.
86. I’m grateful that I have intelligence.
87. And that the coming years may bring happy surprises.
88. If you see this, know that I am truly truly grateful for you!
89. Breath. I remember when I struggled for it. I’m very grateful for breath.
90. Enough energy to get through the work day well for the kids.
91. Generosity. Mine and everyone else’s who’s generous in any way.
92. People who give endowments for animals
93. And for the planet
94. And even for the arts
95. People who raise their children with values
96. Innocence, like in those little children I get to teach
97. That I’ve worked hard and am where I am in my career
98. That I got all my correcting done this week that I needed to do.
99. Tech help at school from our techie person.
100. Who is also a lovely human being.
101. Finally 100. Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment