Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: 1. That I am not seriously ill. I am home sick today, and it is a reminder of how overall healthy I really am. I am so grateful for that. 2. Shoes. That I have shoes. 3. That I get along so well with L. 4. That I will deal with whatever comes. 5. L’s kisses. They have brought me so much pleasure. 6. Whole grain English muffins 7. That I have a home 8. And heat. Remember when I didn’t. 9. That it is a house, all to myself. Remember when I couldn’t afford at all 10. That I have enough food. I am “fighting” an eating disorder of overeating, not starving to death. 11. That my sponsor is back. I missed my sponsor while was away! 12. That I have some ideas for this weekend when L comes here. 13. Tv 14. My talk with S the other night. It helped me, indirectly L, and us. It was very generous of S. 15. That I am devotedly doing my spiritual work again now. 16. And – starting my exercise program today! 17. That I have all the medicines I need. 18. That I do pray for others. 19. EJ! 20. Birdie! 21. JJ! 22. That I think I’ve learned my lesson again about NOT skipping my spiritual work! 23. That Sponsor says this fall-back and recommitment happens to EVERYBODY! 24. That L writes music reviews for a professional publication. I know he enjoys doing so, plus it is good for his brain, plus it is good for the readers because his reviews are honestly brilliant, plus *I * love reading them. 25. My job 26. That I’m usually good enough or better at it. 27. That I take it seriously. 28. The children’s reactions yesterday to the story about Annie Sullivan I told them after the Helen Keller reading yesterday 29. M helping me with the sub plans this morning. 30. That I am there for her too. 31. Books 32. Reading 33. That I am helping children with literacy 34. Smart people 35. People who try 36. Nice people. Good people. Honest people 37. My pink tulips in the gorgeous vase that was a gift from a cherished student, on the d.r. table. 38. Concerts 39. IFC movies 40. Regular movies 41. Entertainment 42. Theater 43. Musicals. Finally, I seem to appreciate musicals. 44. Museums 45. My piano 46. Exercise 47. Tea. Hot tea. 48. Coffee for the mornings 49. Prayer 50. Daily meditation booklets 51. My breath. I am so thankful to be able to breathe on my own. 52. That I don’t have diabetes. 53. That I don’t have cancer. 54. Beautiful trees (and I think ALL trees are beautiful). 55. Every good moment I ever had with J. 56. Jo, our computer tech, who was so there for me during my hardest times. 57. That I date now. 58. That I am caring less and less what others think of me. 59. That I started to feel more centered already when speaking with my Sponsor this am. 60. Clocks and watches. 61. Soft fluffy flip-flops. 62. That I put that wonderful card in the mail for L yesterday 63. Prayer 64. Being with K at the scoring day Friday 65. Amazing lessons I gave yesterday. 66. How my dear students responded 67. That I’m okay. I’m okay. 68. My father 69. His idealism 70. That it rubbed off on me. 71. Noble causes 72. Everything I do to help innocent animals. 73. Love quotes. Including I will bring you a whole person and you will ring me a whole person and we will have twicea s much of love aand everything. Mari Evans 74. And The purpose of relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completenesss. Neale Donald Walsch And Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward. E.E. Cummings And this cute little funny one: Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward. E.E. Cummings And To love would be an awfully big adventure. J.M. Barrie And Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other. Dalai Lama And A: The soul wanders in the dark, until it finds love. And so, wherever our love goes, there we find our soul. Q: It always happens? A: if we’re lucky. And if we let ourselves be lind. Q: instead of watching out? A: Instead of always watching out. Mary Zimmerman 75. And Love is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh And Darkness cannot drive out darkness ; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate ; only love can do that. Martin Luther King And If you judge people, you have no time to love them. Mother Teresa. May I live by it still more. And this romantic infatuation one: There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment. Sarah Dessen 76. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Laozi 77. Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love. 78. Mother Teresa 79. Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings. 80. Anais Nin 81. Tis better to have loved and lost Than never to have loved at all. Alfred Lord Tennyson 82. The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space. 83. Marilyn Monroe 84. You’re the one who is weak. You will never now love or friendship. And I feel sorry for you. 85. J.K. Rowling 86. Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love. Rainer Maria Rilke 87. Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold. Zelda Fitzgerald 88. Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold. Zelda Fitzgerald And this very hopeful one: When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it…always. Mahatma Gandhi 89. So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you. Paulo Coelho 90. So faith, hope, and love, abide these three. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13 91. Love doesn’t just sit there like a stone; it has to be made, like bread, remade all the time, made new. Ursula K. Le Guin 92. I sought to hear the voice of God and climbed the topmost steeple, but God declared: "Go down again - I dwell among the people.” John Henry Newman 93. Le Coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne sait non = The heart has its reasons which reason knows not Blaise Pascal 94. Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness. Bertrand Russell 95. I’m on Aslan’s side even if there isn’t any Aslan to lead it. I’m going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn’t any Narnia. C.S.Lewis 96. Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. Mother Teresa 97. Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for he loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained. C.S. Lewis 98. If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson 99. Love is a better master than duty. Albert Einstein 100. Once upon a time, a boy with moonlight in his eyes Put his hand in mine and said he loved me so Lyrics by Lee Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment