Friday, May 25, 2012

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: 1. I am grateful that I am talking with M right now 2. She seems to have found a house. 3. It is beautiful. 4. The kitchen! 5. The finished basement! 6. I want her to have this. It is so much nicer than my little house, and I’m grateful that I do want her to have it! 7. L. I am so grateful for L. 8. That I’m beginning to realize I don’t owe J. anything. 9. That M has lost the weight. I am grateful that she has lost it 10. And I’m grateful that I’m grateful for it. 11. Kisses. I’m so happy that I have kisses in my life again. 12. And that they are the best kisses in the world. 13. I will be with L this weekend. Yay oh yay 14. That he sent me 12 gratitudes about me! 15. And here they are, and I am so grateful for every one! your kindness 16. your accommodating nature 17. your keen listening and reacting to what I say 18. your femininity 19. the fact that you accept my messy house 20. that you put up with my insomnia 21. and put up with my various food reactions without criticism 22. you are so welcoming of me into your home 23. your kisses 24. your soft curvy body 25. your trying to teach me to meditate (I passed our first meditation spot in the park yesterday, looking back on it with fondness) 26. And this was after I sent him another hundred. And I’m so grateful that I did that. 27. And I’m not “upset” that my list was so long, and it was a second one. Because I am verbal, and female, and a natural list maker. And he is male…So I’m happy. 28. Whole grain “English muffins.” 29. Earth Balance 30. And that it doesn’t hurt the orangutans 31. That I called my sponsor yesterday. 32. And he reminded me: you only have today. Yesterday is gone. 33. My Shostakovich Sampler CD from L. 34. And especially, so far Folk Festival/Gadfy (Kostel) 1955, the year of my birth 35. And Polka (Martinon) 1930 36. And Cello Cto 1 I (Gutman 1959 37. And Romance/Gadfly (EK) 1955 the year of my birtdh 38. And Piano Cto 2 ii, iii (Bernstien) 1957 39. And this morning I will hear the last 5 tracks on the 19 track CD 40. SO glad I’ve moved from “thinking about listening to them” to “intentionality” to actually listening! 41. So glad he made them for me 42. This one and two others 43. And that they’re not just discs, but discs of the best performance 44. And that they took time and effort and care for him to select, find, make, and mail to me. 45. Cards 46. Fancy cards 47. Fancy cards from Papyrus 48. That I send/give the to L. 49. And that he appreciates them so. 50. That I send cards now. First time in my life. 51. And romantic emails 52. And import pictures from google under “kisses,” “caressing,” “romance,” “couples,” “girlfriend and boyfriend,” and “hugging,”… 53. And I even made a picture walk for him the other day, with words and pictures about holding 54. And one about Betty Boop the night before that. 55. That I spoke with sponsor this morning, although just for a minute 56. Coffee 57. Phone 58. Early morning calls, daily, with M. 59. That Etan Patz’ murdered has finally been found 60. That I have a kitchen 61. And 3 cooked things, cooked by me, in the freezer right now. Yay. 62. That L. seemed interested when he asked and I told him one of them was pasta fagioli. 63. That I never knew what was in store for me. What the future would hold. 64. And I still don’t! 65. Life IS good. 66. Honest newspeople 67. People who would never hurt anyone. 68. Sex 69. Love 70. Friendship 71. Respect 72. That mother yesterday who told me her son whom I taught like 7 years ago, STILL talks about ME as the one who got him to love writing…and is about to major in English in college! What a good way to start the work day right upon walking in! 73. The walk I took during my prep yesterday 74. And it made me a bit breathless, which is good for exercise 75. That I called L. during it! 76. That I’m about to start walking at that mall again, a LOT, like I did when I was young 77. J. Yes. J in my life 78. That others seem to really think I don’t owe him anything. 79. That I’ve never been unjustly (Or justly!) accused of a crime 80. That sometimes I have a decent vocabulary 81. And pronunciation 82. And that L. does too 83. College education 84. And Masters 85. And his too 86. Honest people 87. Kind people 88. Compassionate people 89. Athletes 90. Professional skaters 91. Summer is coming. 92. My sunroom. Still needs work, oy, but I have it. 93. Tables 94. Chairs 95. Sofas 96. Love seats 97. My lawyer 98. My principal 99. My teacher in charge 100. My computer teacher 101. My French teacher 102. My therapist 103. My opthamologist

No comments:

Post a Comment