Monday, May 14, 2012

My Hundred Daily Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: 1. L in my life 2. God 3. My doctor 4. A bed in which to sleep 5. The birds singing outside. Right now 6. And every morning now 7. And every evening now too 8. This spiritual work. I must stop skipping parts.. 9. The earphones L gave me, which will enable me to exercise some, like stretching, while I’m on the phone with Meredith (and better, I think, than speaker phone) 10. Coffee and the morning energy it gives me 11. Olivier Messiaen (composer – birdsong and faith in his music) 12. That L shares him with me. 13. My name. I like my first name. 14. That I’m okay. Today. 15. That whatever comes of this all financially, I might well be okay anyway. 16. Books 17. I am grateful, after seeing just a few minutes of 60 Minutes last night, that I have all my limbs. There was a man who lost both legs and one arm in Afghanistan. 18. I gave my mother a GREAT Mother’s Day yesterday. 19. And *I * wound up having a nice time too. 20. We saw that movie, “The Exotic Marigold Hotel.” 21. And I liked it. 22. And so did she. 23. And we had veggies at dinner. 24. I’m glad she ate veggies 25. And that I got her snacks at the dinner. Even though they were expensive. 26. Talking through my money FEARS about all the J shit right now, with M. And coming to the realization that I can only do what I can do. I have a good lawyer. I must do what she says. And then drop it. 27. L.’s emotional support through all of this. 28. My hands 29. My arms 30. My feet 31. My legs 32. My liver 33. My kidneys 34. My heart 35. My lungs. Really. I am grateful for all of these things. 36. That yesterday I bought cantaloupe. 37. Organic. 38. And organic other things. Including apples. 39. And Bosc pears 40. And watermelon 41. And 2 potatoes 42. And red chard! 43. And salad greens. 44. And protein stuff. I am very fortunate indeed. 45. My car 46. And gasoline for it, despite the price 47. And that I can drive it! 48. Tv 49. Computer 50. msn.com 51. my blog! 52. Weather reports 53. Umbrellas. Even though I can’t find mine right now lol 54. My lawyer. God bless my lawyer. On my behalf too! : ) 55. Restaurants 56. Diners 57. Non-violence 58. Thich Naht Hanh 59. That I got to be on retreat with him again this April! 60. In London! 61. London London London! 62. French lessons 63. Our union, for what it’s worth 64. Just spoke with L for a morning-minute. That’s rare, and nice 65. He IS getting better. Slowly. But getting better, physically. Yay. 66. Showers 67. Baths 68. Soaps 69. Vegan soaps! 70. Vegan candles 71. Children 72. Schools 73. GOOD schools 74. Radios 75. My new little stereo 76. CDs 77. DVDs 78. People who contribute 79. People who do their/our best 80. Honest people 81. People who would never steal 82. People who would never hit 83. People who don’t scream or yell at each other 84. That L and I have never screamed or yelled at each other. I HOPE to never yell or scream at anyone else again! 85. Doggies 86. Puppies 87. “My” little dog, although I kind of don’t really see her at this point: ( I am so grateful for her 88. And that SHE is well 89. And happy, I think. 90. Grad school 91. And that I did so well 92. And worked so hard too 93. Hope 94. Optimism 95. Friends! 96. All loved ones. 97. TNH’s saying about if 2 astronauts were stuck on the moon forever. How ALL they’d want, looking at earth through space, would be: I just want to walk their again. That’s all I want. What a lesson! 98. Prayer 99. Stretching exercises. 100. Phones

No comments:

Post a Comment