Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Hundred Gratitudes Today

I am grateful: I am grateful: 1 - 51 are about L 1. Masculine voice. 2. You think deeply. 3. You smile readily. 4. You laugh. A lot. 5. You were so tender with me when I cried. In case you forget, it doesn’t matter when or about what. It matters that you were so tender. 6. You’re open to trying things. (Mediation, France, sleeping over here… all kinds of things). 7. And you know what you don’t want to try (hot air balloon…) 8. You let me sort of take over your downstairs bathroom as my own dressing room when I was there. 9. You tell me to have a safe trip and to call you when I get home. That feels so good. 10. You like Mrs. Green’s 11. You accept my spirituality. 12. You didn’t keep things from me. (Like J does from S). I don’t mean this as a criticism of her; just as a statement that I’m so glad you didn’t/don’t. 13. You keep your lips soft 14. And your hands 15. You continued working, even through your most difficult times. 16. You didn’t get upset when your father’s family didn’t give you money. You don’t expect hand-outs. 17. And yet you *appreciate * when you do have good fortune. 18. When you lie on top of me and sort of rock, it feels like heaven. I love that so much. I love just hugging and holding each other. And rocking together. Holding holding holding. Wrapped together. Lovely! (And hot too!). 19. You said about me and Betty Boop. You are she she is you cute and sexy. I loved loved loved that in your email!!! 20. You wear jeans and a button down shirt. 21. And a sports jacket 22. And in warm weather, shorts. Comfortable comfortable. Yet handsome handsome. So handsome. Mmmmm. 23. Although I love non-human animals, I appreciate that you are not tied down by “pets.” 24. You are such a good friend to your friends. 25. You are a safe driver. 26. You don’t spend hours and hours in front of the tv every day of your life. 27. You floss and brush and waterpik 28. You don’t give up on puzzles: from how to fix a stereo to why someone behaves a certain way to … … … 29. You walk regularly. I love that. I love to do it, and I love that you do. 30. You so generously share music with me! And seem to enjoy doing so! 31. You so enjoy museums 32. You have so many books 33. You are a lifelong learner 34. And a natural teacher 35. I am so grateful that you were online that day and I met you. 36. You gave me the headphones for my landline phone. 37. You made me CDs! And of the best! 38. You use colored chalk. As I always did (and now markers). 39. You have an open heart. Open to feeling happy. 40. You are fine with some time alone. 41. You may forget this but I don’t: I had a cough and you gave me a great list of supplements etc. (Here is a reminder: You said: Cough – exposed to something – “System trying to work out something imbedded in lungs or something Or air Environmental Zinc lozenges – N0 Time & hot liquids And immune system building Vit. C 2000 every hour until diarrhea LYPOSOMIL VITAMIN C 1 PACKET which = 8000 – or even 2 packets – or even 3 Vit. D 2000 mg a day”) You get along with both women and men 42. You look at yourself honestly. Well, a little too harshly sometimes but honestly. 43. You bring smiles, glorious kisses, music, flowers, sweet fresh water, and so much more into my life. 44. You give me the driveway when I come there. (By the way you don’t always have to. Maybe we should put my car on the street because it just stays there and that would guarantee you the driveway spot. But I so appreciate that you’ve done it so far). 45. You tell me nice things about me sometimes. Oh I love that. 46. You have sent me another card. 47. You accept that I give you so many cards. 48. You seem to accept people for who they are. 49. You have an active social life. 50. You stir something in me. I haven’t before written in French to someone, or sent cards, bought exquisite cards, or sent flowers… 51. You have come along at precisely the right time in my life. 52. I am also grateful for sick days when I am sick. 53. And exercise “equipment.” 54. And a tv. It is old and pretty little, but I have one. 55. And a car. 56. And gasoline for the car. 57. And heat for the house. I remember when I didn’t have it. 58. And food in the fridge 59. And coffee 60. And water. Water. So grateful for water. I am so lucky. 61. And my hands that can type. 62. And books. I am grateful for books. 63. And that I now have a working stereo! 64. And that Jo and I are becoming/have become friends. 65. That I did not rely on M to make my most recent sub plans. 66. I am grateful that I have a blanket. It has holes but I have it. 67. And an old holey comforter but that also works. 68. And a new comforter too. Lots of warmth 69. And hair 70. And socks 71. And underwear from M. Comfy and not ugly 72. And shoes. Lots of shoes. For first time in life. 73. And a phone, landline. 74. And a cell phone. Which is an iPhone! I’ve had it for about 2 ½ months. And I love it. 75. And that House ended the way it did. 76. And that I’ve even read some good reviews about it. I don’t know why I’m grateful for that, but I am! 77. Smiling babies. Saw so many of them at the park(s) the other day. 78. Musicians 79. Composers 80. Artists – painters 81. Sculptures 82. Dancers 83. Choreographers 84. Actors 85. Singers 86. Playwrites 87. Stage managers 88. Directors. I am awed by what they accomplish 89. Applause. When I give it. 90. And when I receive it. 91. Sweaters 92. Hooded little sweaters 93. Hooded little jackets 94. Slacks 95. Sexy skirts 96. And sexy tops 97. And my blue heels! 98. Sneakers for walks in the parks 99. Walks in the parks 100. Walks in the parks with L.

No comments:

Post a Comment