Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

1. This: It was a gift they could never love her entirely -
for then she was forced to do it herself.
~ Terri St. Cloud_______________
2. Good long visit with my mother tonight (writing this on Monday night)
3. Nice time on phone with A
4. That didn’t send the very angry email to O.
5. Or even the shorter, nice one. Let her “mull it over” as I was advised. (long story – doesn’t matter here).
6. Tuesday morning now
7. I am grateful that although I couldn’t fall asleep until 3 – very unusual for me – and awakened with the words “God help me” before I could even think, that within minutes I felt better. I am grateful for that!
8. And a chat with my mother this morning
9. And my sweet birdies flying around right now
10. And the smile they just brought me
11. And the beautiful Rachmaninoff piece I’m going to try
12. And starting my exercise program today
13. And my coffee, with organic chocolate soy milk this morning. I am so lucky
14. I have organic greens in the house
15. And organic carrots
16. And organic BLACK PLUMS!!!!!!
17. Wow. This is for me: Happy Birthday HERMANN HESSE (1877-1962)
"What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find."
18. This! _____
19. This. I think this is just HUGE________
20. _____
21. I just got a GIANT smile from A’s coming on and saying hi to me
22. Maha
23. M
24. St
25. MA
26. _______
27. Looking at sunset conures. I find them so beautiful. I feel in love with one irl. But they are difficult to have – I could never. But oh, so beautiful!
28. Laughter
29. Trees
30. The book Earthing. I haven’t read it. But it interests me. Maybe I shall.
31. Time to read.
32. Summer
33. And Summer my birdy
34. And of course Jewel
35. Oh my gosh this: ________________
If you can recognise the signs and symptoms then you can take steps to reduce the effects and bring everything back into balance.

Here's show: Give yourself some time every day just for you. Get out in the sunshine, learn to put a smile on your face and learn some coping mechanisms. Some of my favourites are relaxation and breathing techniques, listening to music that soothes your soul, exercise that allows you to release and vent whatever it is you are holding on to, getting a massage and ensuring you’re getting good nutrition.

During times of stress I make sure my vitamin intake is not forgotten, especially the B group vitamins to ensure my nervous and immune systems are able to function effectively. I drink more Black Adder Liquorice herbal tea (a great tonic for the adrenal glands). Yoga, Pilates and meditation are vital strategies in helping me to cope during stressful times. I also allow my emotions to be expressed so that I am not suppressing them.

Learn to control the stress instead of allowing it to control you!

~ Living from the Inside Out ~
36. I am a free person. I am so so grateful for that
37. And to A for teaching me that
38. Rachmaninoff Opus 32 No. 5
39. I am grateful that I can practice piano
40. That I can have my piano tuned soon
41. That I can walk
42. And walk for exercise
43. And do other exercises
44. That I have never had a stroke
45. Forests
46. My haircut this time
47. And color too (my natural color but without the grays)
48. Water to drink
49. Water to wash dishes
50. Water to wash clothes
51. Water to bathe
52. Water to shower
53. Water to wash hands
54. Water to flush toilet
55. Water to give to birdies
56. Water in which to swim in the sound
57. Water in which to swim in pools
58. That I have swum in the Hudson River
59. Off what was “our” boat! (Many years ago in a different lifetime)
60. I am so very grateful that I can see
61. And speak
62. Windows
63. Grass
64. Tiger lilies
65. Lilacs
66. Rhododendron
67. Electricity
68. I did my work at work yesterday
69. And – now I have time off
70. My principal likes me
Moonlight Serenade
"We have so little faith in the ebb and flow of life,
of love, of relationships. We leap at the flow of the tide
and resist in terror its ebb. We are afraid it will never return.
We insist on permanency, on duration, on continuity;
when the only continuity possible, in life as in love,
is in growth, in fluidity - in freedom, in the sense
that the dancers are free, barely touching as they pass,
but partners in the same pattern."~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Artist~Christiane Vleugels _________________
71. Hmmm ____________
72. Art
73. Museums
74. I might be at two tomorrow
75. The express bus
76. Books.
77. That I can read
78. That I help others to read and understand what they are reading (not just sound out words)
79. That I have had good loving sex in my life
80. And – may have more…
81. Movies. I think I’ll go to one very soon
82. Maybe with M
83. I am grateful for my hands
84. That I have never been struck by lightning. Really. Am praying for someone right now who was: (
85. Lawyers with integrity
86. Everyone with integrity
87. That I can drive. I remember when I was very young, and afraid to.
88. I HAVE accomplished a lot, given my early damages!
89. I have a Masters degree
90. And am at the top of my profession
91. And have had love.
92. More than once
93. And have good close long-term friends
94. I am learning how to care for myself
95. I no longer have the phobias
96. I would never let someone hit me now
97. I have never done drugs. I tried pot a couple times when young, but you know. Nothing really
98. I have always cared about helping children
99. And animals
100. And done something about both
101. I have volunteered
102. I can play piano
103. I can type
104. I did not ever really hurt myself
105. Didn’t mutilate myself. I’m not kidding. I used to feel I needed to.
106. Didn’t kill myself. Thank God.
107. HAVE given to my mother
108. Have patience
109. And empathy
110. And kindness
111. Compassion
112. Integrity
113. Keep confidences
114. Continue to read
115. And to educate myself in life not just books
116. I know I am way behind in a million things and even bigger, in a million ways. But I HAVE always managed to get ENOUGH done in TIME.
Very serious gratitudes. Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment