Friday, July 5, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

1. J’s help yesterday.
2. And he offered to take me to lunch
3. And that I was able to say no, since I truly wasn’t up to it. Sorry wasn’t but glad could say so
4. Nice to mother
5. He is too
6. Contacted lawyer today
7. Am up
8. Birds are out
9. Were out ALL DAY yesterday
10. Love each other
11. And that I love them
12. And IMing with A now.
13. Humor
14. Piano
15. I am grateful that I think so much about what to do for my birds – about what is right, best for them
16. J was here yesterday and hates the idea of birds as “pets” because of their freedoms, and HE said they have a GREAT life. Good.
17. Humor
18. Laughter
19. Smiles
20. Coffee
21. Water
22. That I can walk
23. Prayer
24. Poetry
25. Art
26. I am grateful that I am trying to do the right thing
27. As always
28. And DO – fearlessly – face my flaws and faults
29. And am lighter than I used to be
30. Even the names I picked for the birdy boys. Instead of going with the serious Buddhist kind of names I’d be considering, I picked these two names. Light. Happy. Cheerful. Summer. Jewel. And they suit them perfectly!
31. People who are good parents
32. People who are good teachers
33. What I have learned from them
34. That I can have nice handwriting when I try
35. That I am pretty open to the changes in language
36. Intuition
37. Trust
38. Honest people
39. Goodness
40. That my dear dear wonderful loving father saw the good in people
41. I am not nearly as good as he. But I try. And I am grateful fro that
42. My hair is good lately
43. Will have grays gone soon again too
44. Flowers
45. Embroidering them so may times
46. Betty white
47. Bea Arthur
48. Rue Mcclanahan
49. Estelle Getty
50. That show
51. And even Hot in Cleveland, which has worked out to be somewhat clever after all.
52. And The Big Bang, which I’m enjoying lately
53. All my veg. magazines and cookbooks
54. God
55. My happy times during childhood. There WERE some.
56. Roller skating
57. The beach
58. Picnics on the l.r. floor where my whimsical mother would put down the red and white checkered tablecloth
59. Her even making blackouts fun
60. Watching Wizard of Oz and her having paper for me to color in kitchen when wicked witch would come on
61. My big light green Girl Scout book
62. Smiling now: )
63. This___________
64. “The best way is always through.” Robert Frost __________
65. This_____
66. This ________
And yes, doing for others makes one happy too: )
67. This _____
68. Prayer
69. Honest workers
70. Hope. Hope hope hope hope hope. I WILL get it all done… somehow…
71. This moment
72. That I have a computer. It is stuck right now, which is actually a reminder to appreciate it lol (internet stuck)
73. That I still send cards to m, whose son was tragically killed in the ocean last year
74. Omgosh so true: ______
75. It is time. And I think I know that now: )
76. The poem written by someone on facebook, after the newtown tragic massacre of the innocent ones:
A beautiful psalm by Danilia Trisollini to the fallen young ones: Wing thy bright young souls skyward, dear ones. May you dance and sway in ways your earthly bodies had forgotten. May you still whisper your "I love you" in each parent's grieving ear, and please God, may it be a comfort to them, rather than another stab at their already bleeding heartstrings. May you, in your beautiful harmonies of chiming laughter, sing the sunshine into each day's morning sky, dear ones. And may you paint each sunset with colors we could never pretend to capture. May your heartbeat vibrate in every chest, and may your honest and childlike love place words on our feeble tongues that, as we have grown, we have forgotten how to say...or at least how to say with any truth. As we listen to the clouds and soft, sweet rain in the hopes of hearing your foot steps at play, we ask that you understand that you are still loved and shall be desperately missed. Be in the arms of safety, grace, and beauty tonight, dear ones. Feel our glow as we send our wishes for your souls' peace.
77. This ________
78. This: Be happy for no reason like a child. If you are happy for a reason you’re in trouble, because that reason can be taken from you.” Deepak Chopra. And it goes SO PERFECTLY with this picture! _______
79. I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being. – Abraham Lincoln
80. A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. – Leo Tolstoy_________
81. That I can read
82. And will. TODAY!
83. I could not after Ji. And haven’t been able to lately again: ( I, who tried to learn from age 3. And read 5 books the first week of kindergarten. And read 48 books a year some adult years. But now. I feel I am ready again!
84. Golden Girls repeats I have every one on disc. And hve on today
85. Clothes
86. Gonna plant seeds with M’s girls tomorrow!
87. Oh my gosh I love so many of these! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=385091468217015&set=a.141765565882941.27195.141319135927584&type=1&theater
88. I am grateful for fb, where I find so many things
89. And that my mother is having good days
90. That I no longer hate.
91. I no longer hate my sister. Despite her cruelties to me. She is just – irrelevant to me now. I do wish the best for her. But I like not seeing her. But NOT hatred!
92. Same with O.
93. I think I found info online about someone A loved very much, who taught so much and died young
94. This _____
95. Yes! _____
96. B. Auerbach: “Music washes away the Dust of everyday Life from the Soul.”
97. That I am alive today
98. Am really quite and very fortunate in about a billion ways
99. MA
100. And that I am there for her too

No comments:

Post a Comment