Thursday, July 4, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

1. I feel happy. 8:43 Wed. evening
2. I have felt happy for hours.
3. Was in NYC today
4. With L
5. Went to museum
6. And dinner
7. At my favorite place, Candle 79
8. Have been there twice now.
9. We split the bill, which was great
10. AND – because of a big mistake made by two different mta people on two different days, express bus was a no go…. So I wound up taking car. And L paid for half! Wow. Nice!
11. He did NOT have to do that! So I paid for beer and wine (which was a third of what he paid for the ½ rid). It felt good because he has at times been cheap. And he wasn’t.
12. I walked a good deal today
13. And – my new exercise stuff came
14. And – my new book too
15. And – Vegetarian Time I bought today
16. And – it was AT MY LOCAL GROCERY STORE! I used to have to go to book store or health food store for it!
17. And local grocery store also has some organic produce now too: )
18. I ate greens, a good amount.
19. And liked the special exhibit
20. And got to kiss L
21. And had very nice driver both ways
22. And both appreciated how nice I was
23. Thurs. morning. M’s phone call waking me this morning. I’m glad
24. Our nice little phone chat
25. That I am alive
26. That I am awake
27. That my birds are free and happily flying about
28. Independence
29. Freedom
30. This _______
31. Invictus
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul. ~William Ernest Henley
32. So much happiness yesterday, walking about the city
33. Ability to walk and
34. Safety throughout
35. And freedom. Felt it all yesterday
36. Smiling right now. Grateful for that
37. Nice chat with L on phone just now
38. God text from A
39. That I’m not letting O mistreat me anymore. What happens will happen. But I won’t be treated like some throwaway ANYMORE. And I’m grateful for that
40. French
41. And the bit of it I know
42. Tchaikovsky
43. Beethoven
44. Bach
45. Mozart
46. Schubert
47. Chopin
48. Rachmaninov
49. Villa Lobos
50. My first 2 little pieces I ever played, age 8.
51. And I still have them! One is called, “Come, Let’s Dance.”
52. And the other, “Crimson Dawn.”
53. And the happiness they brought me
54. That at age 10, I wanted a beautiful baby doll for my birthday. And my mother bought it for me. And the man at the store said I was too old for that and should be getting a Barbie. And my mother told him . Because it was perfectly fine and appropriate for me to want and have that doll.
55. And I loved it
56. Fro years
57. Can still picture it.
58. The idea, “Talk about your blessings more than you talk about your problems.”
59. Off today
60. Had healthy breakfast
61. Have water
62. And seltzer
63. Met nice people yesterday! First driver
64. Bartender
65. Waiter
66. Second driver
67. Guy at museum
68. Family from Texas, outside of the restaurant. Father and son
69. And I think I validated the son : )
70. This ___________
Because I have learned that every time I step outside my comfort zone, my comfort zone expands.
71. Reiki
72. Kairava
73. Mindfulness
74. Mindfulness meditation
75. Mindful eating
76. England.
77. When I was there xoxoxoxo
78. Friends. I have had good friends all my life : )
79. Knowing about the law of attraction
80. Lots of things to which Oprah introduced us
81. I Love Lucy when I was little
82. That I don’t have patience for it now
83. My dreams!
84. The houses I design in them
85. The music I compose in them
86. The dresses I design in them
87. The water in them
88. Good rabbis (I’m not Jewish but I am grateful for these)
89. Buddha
90. This ________
91. Omg I love this! ______
92. Good piano lessons I have had
93. My first teacher, Miss U
94. My second and longest-term teacher, like a second mother to me, Mrs. B
95. And good things I’ve from O, too
96. The day I held my cousin Margaret when she was 16 days old
97. She just had a healthy baby, at 44 years of age
98. I dreamt last night, of holding that baby
99. And wills soon I think
100. Life
101. Hope
102. Joy
103. Happiness
104. Smiles
105. YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment