Wednesday, October 30, 2013

100 Grats and Other Great Things


1.     Don’t struggle to change the circumstances of your life. Give love through your good feelings and what you want will appear!” from The Power.
2.     Also from the book The Power: “You have to give good feelings first. You have to be happy first, and give happiness, to receive happy things! Whatever you want to receive in life, you must give first!”  (Hey, it can’t hurt, right? Lol)
3.     That I am NOT raising the mealworms, which are supposed to raise and kill afterward! I will NOT raise animals to kill them! Not that we would tell the children, but even THAT level. No on EVERY level.
4.     And – that I have told them in no uncertain (but yes polite and professional) terms.
5.     And that whatever we decide I DO raise (because butterflies are nixed as have already been done in another grade), they will have to supply the materials/ equipment….
6.     And the science person is coming today to meet with me about it! To help me decide what to raise. I’m so grateful. And proud of myself for this.
7.     Food for the birdies. I’m watching them eat right now.
8.     Water for them
9.     Fresh greens for them.
10.  That the way you FEEL SO affects the outcome of any relationship. I know, for example, that when I spent the afternoon with J Sunday, it felt so positive that I wanted more. Well HE has felt my NEGATIVES for so long, of COURSE he wouldn’t have wanted more. Like that.
11.  “If you’re feeling joyful about the relationship most of the time, you’re giving love, and you must receive love and joy back through that relationship because that’s the frequency you’re on.”
13.  I love flowers!
14.  I love the fall colors of the leaves!
15.  I love that Ka reminded of them yesterday with her little story!
16.  Our book group was fun
17.  We have our next book title now
18.  The piano in my classroom
19.  The song, “This Pretty Planet.”
20.  Right now A is IMing me
21.  Walking
22.  Other exercise
23.  Stretching our legs yesterday with stretches and a little walkabout, because sitting so much
24.  The kids appreciating!
25.  One girl saying to me, “Wow. We’re sitting again and I don’t even feel like we sat! That was great!”
26.  And they giggled and got so excited because we walked on the STAGE (and bowed and clapped) and out the other door that they hadn’t known existed!
27.  7 year-olds are FUN!
28.  End October – from now it is easier – they are growing. I can FEEL it already this week!
29.  That I stopped using the killed dried bees on sticks for pollinating plants in class too. For goodness sake, we could use our fingertips or Q-tips or pictures of bees!
30.  My face cream does not test on animals
31.  Or use animal products
32.  Oh. I did some at work. I didn’t bring them home or email so I’ll have to add them tomorrow. That the mothers came in and decorated so wonderfully!
33.  I sleep at night
34.  I had a good meeting with the science person.
35.  I think I can do the mealworms and not have to kill them
36.  My aide is great!
37.  The kids were so happy today
38.  And since Monday, it’s – easier. They’re more grown up. I expected that would take more weeks. Phew.
39.  Tomorrow is Halloween.
40.  And – we have an awful fun schedule, my class.: )
41.  I love my birdies
42.  They are eating happily right now.
43.  I love hope.
44.  I HAVE hope: )
45.  I feel better!
46.  I do the breathing game for 2 minutes every morning with the kiddies
47.  I am so so so so grateful to have that aide.
48.  Lunchtime was fun for me today.
49.  I was funny.
50.  M was there
51.  She was funny.
52.  How we all talked and shared and laughed, about 5 ofus
53.  The math games online finally worked!
54.  My kids LOVED them. As I knew they would.
55.  AND – I realized we can do them from MY computer interactively on the Smart Board too, if they CAN’T get in…
56.  And there is such LEARNING from them!
The chickpea salad recipe I just saw here: http://www.vegkitchen.com/recipes/bountiful-beans/bean-salads/sharons-chickpea-salad-or-sandwich-spread/
57.  Humor
58.  Laughter. I love it
59.  The Big Bang Theory. It does make me laugh
60.  That I was in England!
61.  Windsor Castle!
62.  Kensington Palace!
63.  That I kept a journal!
64.  And I still have it!
65.  Even specifics on paintings at the Tate!
66.  Om mani padme hum – (
67.  I bow to the jewel in the lotus of the heart.)” (which is NOT a real translation of the above. But I’m just beginning to learn…
68.  Buddha's discovery that suffering is unnecessary
69.  I am so overwhelmingly grateful for thich nhat hanh!!!!!!
70.  And that I’ve been on retreat with him
71.  FOUR TIMES!!
72.  My breath is so GOOD. I am so lucky for that!!!!! It wasn’t always – I know of what I speak! : )
73.  Jokes
74.  Riddles for the kiddies
75.  People who are good to their children
76.  All of us who try our hardest
77.  My intelligence!
78.  Science
79.  Math (I never would have believed I could say THAT!)
80.  Writing
81.  Typing
82.  Piano playing
83.  Music
84.  All my abilities
85.  Good doctors
86.  Eyesight
87.  Eye drops
88.  I have made it very well through surgeries
89.  Smiles
90.  I am a very good teacher
91.  I am a good friend
92.  Just had nice talk with mother
93.  And of course told each other we love each other
94.  As always: )
95.  And good chat with M
96.  And I’m going there after school Fri, to M’s
97.  And will be with Ji her daughter there
98.  Then M will come home
99.  And we’ll have dinner
100.                 And see a movie
101.                 And I’ll stay over!

No comments:

Post a Comment