Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

Wow and these were done quickly too:)
I am grateful:


1.     Two days,  Sunday and Monday, without depression (after early morning Sun). So grateful for that!
2.     Exercise starts today
3.     3-days of teaching this way (and one of professional development)
4.     All the cleaning I did yesterday
5.     More to do but – I DID it! Without torture. I don’t know why… meditation…. Time…. 3 days off…. SO glad for what did!
6.     My birdies
7.     Their clean cage
8.     And “new” (rotated )toys
9.     Them sweetly softly talking right now
10.  Get to say hi to A this morning
11.  S. defriended me. I’m glad. Because it was like a train wreck – the awful things – yet I couldn’t look away
12.  All the safety I have enjoyed (and still do this minute) in my life
13.  That I do not take drugs (prescribed medicines yes, but I mean that I don’t have a drug problem. It must be SOOOO hard to have a drug problem).
14.  That I don’t have an alcohol problem. Very hard too, I’m SURE.
15.  That – I feel – ok – this morning. Omg!
16.  Dogs
17.  People who help them
18.  They’re saying nice weather today
19.  That my car runs
20.  Prayer
21.  Meditation
22.  Thich Nhat Hanh
23.  Jesus (no. not in that order)
24.  God
25.  The good parts of my upbringing
26.  Garbage collection
27.  Recycling collection too
28.  Trees
29.  Birdsong
30.  Sand beneath my toes (during the season lol)
31.  Woods
32.  Streams
33.  Drinking water
34.  Shower
35.  Bath
36.  Soaps
37.  Face cream
38.  That I don’t use a lot of it
39.  Or anything nanofied. I don’t believe that is safe…?
40.  That I can buy many organic foods
41.  Vegetables
42.  Oranges
43.  My stomach doesn’t hurt (it did yesterday). I’m glad it doesn’t
44.  My breathing (with which I’d had trouble over the years sometimes) is GREAT
45.  That I got the flu shot this year (first time ever)
46.  The 3 day weekend I just had
47.  That I don’t eat animals
48.  Electricity
49.  Lights
50.  My feet. Both.
51.  Ability to walk
52.  My leg muscles
53.  My hands
54.  My piano in the classroom
55.  I played a bit this week
56.  That I am in the book club. Less isolated that way
57.  That I do the breathing game for 2 minutes every morning with my students
58.  That I teach them so hard (for me – but try to keep it fun for them)
59.  That I DO try to keep it fun and interesting for them
60.  That I sleep
61.  Even that I dream. Not always pleasant but always interesting. Sometimes FASCINATING. And sometimes pleasant too.
62.  No meeting after school today!
63.  That I am not hateful of any group of people – like ethnic or religious group…
64.  That I wear a little makeup.
65.  And only a little
66.  And look natural
67.  But a little better
68.  That I have some comfy shoes now
69.  That are not ugly
70.  Humor
71.  That I have a job
72.  And can support myself
73.  That I am non-violent
74.  Buddhism
75.  Christianity
76.  Catholicism
77.  All religions
78.  Peace everywhere there is peace
79.  That I can see!
80.  And hear
81.  And speak. I remember when I couldn’t
82.  Good books
83.  I think I have no meeting at lunch today either! Yay: )
84.  A – F schedule helps. Is a farce in a way. But helps too
85.  Sunlight
86.  My vitamin d supplement. (because I was low on vit d this time around)
87.  My carotid arteries are fine (my mother’s are very very blocked: ( That’s why I even think of it
88.  That I can afford medicine when I need it
89.  That I like the feeling of typing so much
90.  My brain
91.  That I can understand what I hear
92.  And that I can read
93.  And can enjoy it a bit again. Have started to anyway
94.  Non-ficiotn – my favorite
95.  Music
96.  “Classical” composers
97.  My oak tree
98.  I am still jealous of other people’s houses. But I am grateful that I am LESS jealous
99.   I feel – clean inside. Like fresh air…
100.                 Trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment