Sunday, October 20, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today


# 32!!

1.    Finishing the book yesterday (The Light between Oceans)
2.    How moved I was by it. Sobbed. First time since 1992.
3.    Have had trouble getting self to be able to read lately. Grateful to get through the book.
4.    And like it
5.    And that am in book course. Less loneliness.
6.    That it was so good (at least I thought so)
7.    That I am a good person
8.    That I am abiding as A says, holding my own as my dr says
9.    Birds out all day yesterday
10.                  That M believes in me so much
11.                  And in my kindness
12.                  And in my honesty
13.                  So many gratitudes. Life itself
14.                  The birdies, Summer and Jewel
15.                  All birds
16.                  Drinking water
17.                  Eyesight
18.                  Trees
19.                  My oak still in beautiful leaf
20.                  That I have a yard
21.                  And a house
22.                  And a car
23.                  And a job
24.                  MA
25.                  A
26.                  L
27.                  St
28.                  DASH diet
29.                  The book The DASH Diet Action Plan by Marla Heller, MS, RD
30.                  "I'm thinking how grateful I am for the moon’s perfect beauty and also, oh! How rich it is to love the world." ~ Mary Oliver
31.                  Mary Oliver
32.                  The loneliness. Is threatening to consume me. But – I have a plan. And will try to live in the day while working my plan to make next year better. And to remember this. Daily.
33.                  People who are trying to make the world better
34.                  Natural
35.                  Trees
36.                  Grass
37.                  Flowers
38.                  Birds (outside birds)
39.                  Meadows
40.                  Woods
41.                  Forests
42.                  Oceans
43.                  Beaches
44.                  Mountains
45.                  That when I practice piano, I get into it and out of myself. This is a gift.
46.                  Chili. Here is my vegan recipe:  Saute onions.  Then 4 vegan burgers (I use Boca) in same pan. Add to pot with 2 cans kidney beans and 2 cans stewed tomatoes. About 1/3 large or ½ smaller jar salsa of your choice.  Cook to bubble then lower, put lid askew and simmer for about 40 minutes.  Taste about 15 minutes before end. If want more “meaty” flavor, add tablespoon vinegar.
47.                  Low cal plain soy milk organic or at least non GMO, for the nutrients,  and I like the taste even too.
48.                  Fruit
49.                  Salad
50.                  Nuts
51.                  My veggie bake, which I think I’ll ave next week
52.                  Suflowers
53.                  Thich Nhat Hanh
54.                  80 minute (I don’t keep track – his phone does) phone chat with l this am
55.                  very bad morning and crying and lonely. What else am I grateful for. Oh. That I can breathe on my own!
56.                  Am not in bad car accident
57.                  Or war
58.                  Or concentration cmp
59.                  Or prion camp
60.                  Phew. Made lunch date for today
61.                  With ma and ml
62.                  Then will make stop at supermarket
63.                  And at mother’s
64.                  That feels better and I’m grateful that it does
65.                  This ______

66.                  A lack of a daily tonic of gratitude results in an anemic soul, which, in turn, contributes to a physical sense of listlessness. A grateful soul, on the other hand, is vibrant and animated and so permeates your body with zest and with an enjoyment of a life littered with gifts.

-- Edward Hay, Prayer Notes to a Friend
67.                  I am grateful that I still HAVE ml
68.                  And ma
69.                  Sunshine
70.                  People who accept each other
71.                  The Golden Rule
72.                  The song, Breathing in Breathing out
73.                  The song, We Are All the Leaves of One Tree
74.                  The song, This Pretty Planet
75.                  The song, This Little Light of Mine
76.                  Colors
77.                  In nature
78.                  In art
79.                  Garden stones
80.                  Labrythns
81.                  Piano
82.                  That I can play. The ability to make music is life-enhancing
83.                  That I am not depressed like this morning
84.                  That I TOOK STEP to change it!
85.                  Wow. Maybe. Wow. Thankful for this ______

86.                  Gonna have broccoli today
87.                  And good salads for lunches this week
88.                  And chili for dinners. Lucky
89.                  That I am nice and will not tell W I can’t see him til AFTER he takes his big test
90.                  Hope
91.                  Compassion
92.                  That I don’t eat animals
93.                  Greens
94.                  Ethiopian food. The times I’ve had it
95.                  That NYC has great vegan and vegetarian restaurants
96.                  That I look better most days now
97.                  Nice soaps that are pure and vegan too. I appreciate them
98.                  My feet. All they do for me
99.                  My hands. All they do for me.
100.              My eyes. All they do for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment