Saturday, October 19, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today


#27 is HUGE! HUGE!

1.    Went out already this am
2.    It was dark
3.    And I loved it
4.    Sat in parking lot of 7-11 and meditated
5.    Bought coffee
6.    2
7.    pumpkin spice
8.    and blueberry
9.    having now. Yum
10.                  spoke with M on phone already
11.                  Phew that we’re close again
12.                  MA yesterday – I offered reading date
13.                  She couldn’t do, and offered late (after my course) lunch, but I couldn’t do. But all was fie.
14.                  That ride to course in city yesterday.
15.                  By self
16.                  and easy
17.                  and enjoyed
18.                  And the little walks too
19.                  And the thought – the feeling – that I shouldn’t WORRY about the future – like getting old and sick and being alone
20.                  As long as I have my health I have everything
21.                  And I have it today.
22.                  Enjoy today.
23.                  And keep moving and eating veggies and losing weight.
24.                  And expect the best (plan but that’s different)/
25.                  And enjoy the DAY
26.                  And meditation helps with that
27.                  ***For many years – decades really - I would get this really bad junk-food-binge-hangover. It was horrible. But – I didn’t realize until now that it is gone, that there was actually a fog over EVERYTHING. All the time. Ever since J went kind of crazy. (long long before he left me). And the more it was there the more dependent I became. And the more dependent I became, the more it grew and grew and grew. I mean, I got to the point where I was nervous about 7-11. Afraid to use a stamp machine. Thought J driving me to that same place where I went yesterday for my course, was the only way I could get there. Because like he had some magic and I didn’t have it. EVERYTHING had this haze. Every walk, every woods, ever restaurant, every trip, every everything. Was like steeped in a haze and only someone would the magic could get through it and I didn’t’ have the magic. Holy moly! I didn’t know until now that it’s gone. And the point – the gratitude – is – IT’S GONE! Oh my God, I am SO grateful!
28.                  That if there’s hope for me, there’s hope for anybody!
29.                  And maybe somebody reading this will be helped.
30.                  Comedies
31.                  Loving my book that I must finish this weekend
32.                  Summer not afraid to come out now. Phew.
33.                  Both are out right now: )
34.                  Singing
35.                  Getting a little exercise…
36.                  That I have these birds
37.                  That I love these birds
38.                  That my stomach is starting to settle down, after money talk with A. Uh oh. About MY financial future: (  But settling down. Phew.
39.                  My lungs
40.                  My heart
41.                  My breath. So grateful for these things
42.                  A day off today
43.                  The great stuff I learned yesterday
44.                  Organic spelt bread (although I expect I might give up wheat products soon…)
45.                  Organic bananas
46.                  Organic peanut buter
47.                  Jewel is bouncing and appearing very happy right now! And playing: )
48.                  And Summer seems less afraid! Yay!
49.                  The DASH diet. Which I am starting again this weekend.
50.                  I would really like to eat that way for life.
51.                  My health food store
52.                  My A & P
53.                  My car
54.                  That I can drive
55.                  That I am able to carry groceries up the stairs
56.                  That I have a fridge for them
57.                  I have medicines as needed. Am very lucky.
58.                  That I am a very good teacher. Very. Really.
59.                  Must be MYSELF.
60.                  Think am pretty much ready to be
61.                  Even the bird’s cage looks so nice now. The toys etc.
62.                  I will change them in another week. Every TWO weeks seems to be good for my birdy boys.
63.                  Honest people
64.                  That I can see
65.                  And speak
66.                  And walk
67.                  Both my hands
68.                  And all my fingers. So grateful. Yes
69.                  Woods
70.                  And parks
71.                  And beaches
72.                  Laughter
73.                  Gonna have breakfast soon.
74.                  That never have to worry about starving (although DO need to lose weight lol)
75.                  This book: The Dash Diet Action Plan. By Marla Heller, MS, RD
76.                  This book: The Light between Oceans. By M.L. Steman
77.                  I am blessed to be alive
78.                  And to value the counting my blessings
79.                  And will do grats (at appropriate level) with kiddies in November
80.                  Chances
81.                  Hope
82.                  Enough money to live
83.                  A kind of sister in M
84.                  Kandinsky
85.                  Beautiful jewel-covered falling leaves
86.                  That I realized that that guy from match . com was a scammer! Realized in time. Phew
87.                  Dr says do NOT get involved with W. Even as a friend. Okay then
88.                  That I SAW dr. After six WEEKS of not!
89.                  That I can swallow fine. When my mother couldn’t it was such a hard life for her!
90.                  Clever posts like this one: ________

91.                  Honest people
92.                  People who help animals.
93.                  You, if you are reading this!
94.                  Ethiopian food yesterday
95.                  Good breakfast today
96.                  Inspirational posts
97.                  IMing (sometimes: )
98.                  Electricity
99.                  Lights
100.              My piano
101.              My piano in the classroom
102.              Music
103.              Classical composers

No comments:

Post a Comment