Sunday, October 20, 2013

SECOND round of grats today!


# 66!!

1.    Sunday – so glad saw ML
2.    And MA
3.    And ate broccoli
4.    And went to supermarket
5.    And only spent 28 dollars there!
6.    Will make pot of chili that will last 6 days!
7.    Go the ingreds
8.    Plus got fruit
9.    Extra onions
10.                  1 pkg tofurky
11.                  Ezekial bread
12.                  Fresh spinach
13.                  Salad greens
14.                  Almost everything organic
15.                  Safe ride home
16.                  Some laughter
17.                  ML’s AMAZING example of cheerfulness! Despite any and all life’s circumstances
18.                  Was ready to report dog in car- person came along just then – she was not nice about it but I was clear – and she might change habit in future.
19.                  Had big lunch out with friends
20.                  So dinner will be lighter
21.                  Feel so much better than this morning
22.                  And I saw that my book came, “A Return to Love, by Marianne Williamson.
23.                  The colleague who recommended it to me.
24.                  Jigsaw puzzles
25.                  Books
26.                  ML enjoying both
27.                  And therefore reminding me too
28.                  And her enjoying a martini every night (83 years old) not my style but good for her!
29.                  And her being so happy that is still alive at this age and healthy. My old friend: )
30.                  My Buddhism
31.                  My Christianity
32.                  Everybody’s religion
33.                  And freedom of
34.                  And atheists too
35.                  And spiritual people with no religion, which is really me anyway because my Buddhism is a philosophy to me – a way of life – not a religion. And my Christianity is a kind of belief system – I don’t belong to any church
36.                  My birds singing right now
37.                  My belly full
38.                  Will see my mother tomorrow
39.                  ML wants to get together MORE OFTEN.
40.                  And I know we should. Life short… And I believe we WILL.
41.                  October
42.                  This _____

43.                  Materially, I have *enough. *
44.                  Actually, according to Thich Nhat Hanh, I (we) have all the conditions for happiness (his words). I KNOW he is right. I just have to INTERNALIZE that too!
45.                  House. So I can put heat on as needed.
46.                  Blanket
47.                  Shower
48.                  Hot water heater
49.                  Drains
50.                  Gutters and leaders
51.                  This _____

52.                  I have an idea what I will make next week and the week after and the week after that!
53.                  And EACH will last like 6 dinners.
54.                  (braised cabbage kidney beans and Arborio rice from Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen, my veggie protein bake, and Portuguese potato soup with modifications for more nutrition)
55.                  And the chili.  is on now
56.                  And the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded. Making progress…
57.                  The Golden Girls on now. Old reruns but cute.
58.                  Soon I shall read
59.                  Nice little chats with A today
60.                  M is on date now. I do hope it’s going well. Or that at leaset it’s fine.
61.                  A working tv .So old, lucky it still works! : )
62.                  Little by little – change is occurring…
63.                  The last like two times I thought to get a mani-pedi, I didn’t go. BUT – that means I CAN this week: )
64.                  The smell of the home cooking wafting through the house right now. It’s  been so long. It is so nice and cozy.
65.                  It is a Sunday eve and I feel okay. SO okay. Wow. Yay.
66.                  My fb friends
67.                  Hope!
68.                  Just these couple of little things I’ve done – finishing my book yesterday (which meant reading like 200 pages!) – seeing my friends today – making the chili right now (which I just tasted and it is awesome) – are making me feel like – well – like I’ve started to LIVE again. From the inside out. For REAL this time, maybe first time ever in adult life.
69.                  Even answering a guy on the dating site right now.
70.                  Vinegar. Yes, really.
71.                  And now writing back to another one as well.
72.                  There. Have written to both now.
73.                  Summer’s pretty white body with yellow head and yellow on the wings.
74.                  Jewel’s lovely jewel-toned light greens, also with yellow head.
75.                  And both of them having lavender ceres and purple on sides of heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment